Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

25 Player Play-Off Roster?

Featured Replies

I would rather have Castro than Helling.

I dont agree. Helling has being very good for us and Castro wont get much playing time. Unless they dont put Redmond on the roster. Which probably wont happen.

I dont agree. Helling has being very good for us and Castro wont get much playing time. Unless they dont put Redmond on the roster. Which probably wont happen.

Castro is our power off the bench. We're gonna need that in the playoff's.

Allright boys and girls....

 

 

Here is my roster.

 

 

pitchers(11)...josh beckett, brad penny, dontrelle willis, mark redman, carl pavano, rick helling, nate bump, michael tejera, chad fox, braden looper, uggy

 

catchers (2)...ivan rodriguez, mike redmond

 

infielders (8)...derrek lee, luis castillo, alex gonzalez, miguel cabrera, mike lowell, lenny harris, mike mordacei, andy fox

 

outfielders (4)...juan encarnacion, juan pierre, jeff conine, brian banks

 

 

 

argue away

switch Harris with Hollandsworth and I agree. Maybe even switch Fox with Hollandsworth because lets face it, I don't think Fox has had an AB in September.

Castro is a luxury that you cant afford right now. One of Conine, Lowell or Cabrera is on your bench...there is your power.

lol, me and Wild Card had this arguement 2 weeks ago and that is exactly what I said.

lol, me and Wild Card had this arguement 2 weeks ago and that is exactly what I said.

Who has more power, Conine or Castro? Cabrera or Castro, for that matter?

Who has more power, Conine or Castro? Cabrera or Castro, for that matter?

Cabrera has more power than Castro, Conine has hit 3 homers in 5 games. They are both more consistant than Castro. It's not like we're going to need 2 right handed pinch hitters a night anyways. You look at the team now. Castro has only got what 50 AB's. That's because right-handed pinch hitters aren't that important. Now, we're going to have a consistant right handed bat on the bench, who can play defense also. (Both Conine and Cabrera are versatile) I can't remember the last time Castro played defense. I promise you if Castro is on the 25-man roster, we would never see him.

Ideally I'd like Castro off the bench, but I just don't see it happening. He never gets playing time, rarely even gets the call to pinch-hit. Why would it happen now?

 

IF: Lee, Luis, Alex, Cabrera, Pudge,

OF: Enc, Pierre, Conine

Pitchers: Josh, Penny, BigRed, DTrain

Pen: Pavano, Tejera, Helling, Fox, Looper, Urbina,

Bench: Lowell, Redmond, Banks, Hollandsworth, Castro, Fox, Mordy

 

Tough call whether or not to include Nate Bump in the pen & leave out someone else....

Pitchers (10)- Beckett, Fox, Helling, Looper, Pavano, Penny, Redman, Tejera, Urbina, Willis

 

Catchers (2)- Rodriguez, Redmond

 

Infielders (6) -Castillo, Fox, Gonzalez, Lee, Lowell, Mordecai

 

Outfielders (7) - Banks, Cabrera, Conine, Encarancion, Harris, Hollandsworth, Pierre

  • Author

I think Conine in left. Our best left-fielder, veteran, won't make a mental error. Lowell (if ready) split third with Cabrera. After play-offs, maybe Lowell at third with Cabrera pinch-hitting. Tough call.

Okay, okay get ready to flame me.

 

Drop Tejera, keep Bump, make Dontrelle your left-handed guy out of the pen. He's young, his arm will do fine, he'd do anything for Jack and this team, and it's only for the playoffs. If he does well it will only improve his chances for rookie of the year.

 

I also agree with the notion that with one of the three, Conine, Cabrera and Lowell on the bench as your power pinch-hitter, Castro is absolutely expendable.

 

I wonder if we'll see Conine at first in some games?

I think if Lowell is ready to hit, and hit well, than you have to play him.

 

But it doesn't sound like he's ready (Torborg danced around a question about how well he hit in BP), so I would go into the post-season with the same starters that we have in now, and Lowell coming off the bench.

I think if Lowell is ready to hit, and hit well, than you have to play him.

 

But it doesn't sound like he's ready (Torborg danced around a question about how well he hit in BP), so I would go into the post-season with the same starters that we have in now, and Lowell coming off the bench.

Why is Torborg being asked about Lowell? :p

Allright boys and girls....

 

 

Here is my roster.

 

 

pitchers(11)...josh beckett, brad penny, dontrelle willis, mark redman, carl pavano, rick helling, nate bump, michael tejera, chad fox, braden looper, uggy

 

catchers (2)...ivan rodriguez, mike redmond

 

infielders (8)...derrek lee, luis castillo, alex gonzalez, miguel cabrera, mike lowell, lenny harris, mike mordacei, andy fox

 

outfielders (4)...juan encarnacion, juan pierre, jeff conine, brian banks

 

 

 

argue away

I agree with you except for one change - I think they go with 10 pitchers. I think they'll bump Bump and add Castro.

 

I originally thought they'd put Hollandsworth on the roster but I've changed my mind. Is he healthy? I thought he'd be in LF today with Williams in CF. If Hollandsworth can't run, and it seems like they've been pinch running for him lately, and can't play the field, we probably can't afford to put him on the roster.

conine and cabrera are both more valuable to your team than castro.

Castro could be more valuable than anyone off the bench if McKeon would just use him.

Guys, 25 spots amongst 40 guys is quite a squeeze, but it only lasts until the end of the NLDS, when you must set another roster for the NLCS.

I LOVE that Dontrelle Willis "situational lefty" idea. That is ingenious. If there is a way to make that work, I think they should consider it.

 

It's a shame that our only lefty in the pen serves up so many hits to lefty hitters. We are the only team going in that doesn't have a situational lefty in the pen.

 

Need one who can get the job done!!!!!!

I LOVE that Dontrelle Willis "situational lefty" idea. That is ingenious. If there is a way to make that work, I think they should consider it.

 

It's a shame that our only lefty in the pen serves up so many hits to lefty hitters. We are the only team going in that doesn't have a situational lefty in the pen.

 

Need one who can get the job done!!!!!!

I think he has been the ultimate situational lefty. Just think about it, D-Train helping get the big out in the 8th against Barry with the bases loaded and two outs at Pac Bell.

 

*Goosebumps

I think they go with 10 pitchers. I think they'll bump Bump and add Castro.

After today, I would agree.

Dontrelle doesn't throw strikes early, and when you need strikes for your first and only batter, than it won't work.

I LOVE that Dontrelle Willis "situational lefty" idea. That is ingenious. If there is a way to make that work, I think they should consider it.

 

It's a shame that our only lefty in the pen serves up so many hits to lefty hitters. We are the only team going in that doesn't have a situational lefty in the pen.

 

Need one who can get the job done!!!!!!

 

Gee, I expected to be flamed bigtime with my Willis comment. Thanks.

 

It's an unconventional idea to be sure, but depending on how we do in the first couple of games (and how the Braves/Cubs series is going), if push came to shove, I don't think Jack would show any reluctance in using Dontrelle out of the pen if he needed him.

 

I said this some time ago, I'm not about to second-guess Jack or Admin in the forseeable future, right up to and including trading Lowell (which I am not suggesting or in favor of, I'm just using it as an example) if it got us into the playoffs again next year.

 

So if Jack pitches Dontrelle third, four or out of the pen I'm confident he made will have made the right choice.

Pitchers (10)- Beckett, Fox, Helling, Looper, Pavano, Penny, Redman, Tejera, Urbina, Willis

 

Catchers (2)- Rodriguez, Redmond

 

Infielders (6) -Castillo, Fox, Gonzalez, Lee, Lowell, Mordecai

 

Outfielders (7) - Banks, Cabrera, Conine, Encarancion, Harris, Hollandsworth, Pierre

I think that will be the roster. The only problem is that it seems that Hollandsworth is hurt so Castro will probably take his place.

I actually wouldnt be shocked to see Williams make it over Hollandsworth, Castro and Bump.

 

 

Especially after Bump's performance today.

 

 

Williams gives you something Hollandsworth and Castro cant give you.

 

 

Speed.

I actually wouldnt be shocked to see Williams make it over Hollandsworth, Castro and Bump.

 

 

Especially after Bump's performance today.

 

 

Williams gives you something Hollandsworth and Castro cant give you.

 

 

Speed.

too bad that doesnt win games

 

power does.

 

and please putting a .111 hitter (i think thats williams is batting) over hollandsworth and or castro on the roster just because he gives you a little bit more speed is ridiculous.

 

come on now, be SERIOUS, and use some logic.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.