Out of Whack Stat

^_^

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ Apr 26 2006, 12:39 AM) 1123131[/snapback]

Who is the everyday CF then?

might as well as give aguila a try there he started a game there last year and didn't make an error so why not?

I didn't make an error in CF last year either though, and I started only 1 less game than Aguila in center. I really should get a shot.

ok fine, aguila hasn't gotten an error since 2004 so he is just fine defensively. he knows what he is doing out there and can handle it. and its not like production out of cf can get any worse as is. willingham/aguila/hermida would be just fine with me.

Guest Juanky

Abercrombie is coming around with the bat and he made a great throw today to almost nail the first Cub run at the plate. He's a better option than Aguila.

You guys are f*cked if you can't handle a 20 game sample size.

The season is 162 games long, and if you expect to keep discussing promotions and demotions every f*cking night, you need to wise up.

why discuss baseball at all?

anyway, keep getting Reggie playing time

he looks better every game

No Ramp. Everytime someone has a good game, we want him forever. When they have a bad game, we think they suck.

The season has barely started. It's way too early to start judging everyone. Abercrombie needs more time to adjust, so I see absolutely no reason to demote him or take away his PT. It's not like we have the next big thing waiting in line behind him.

When Hermida returns Aguila should move to CF and Abercrombie should be sent to the minors to learn how to be patient at the plate. That way he can have 4 AB everyday without hurting the parent club. I'm not ready to give up on Reggie, its too soon. But he certainly needs more seasoning at the double or triple A level.

personally, i'd like to stick with reggie. he got robbed of a hit last night and i think today he barely missed getting a hit (although he did get one anyway)

I agree. Reggie looked real nice in CF yesterday. He made a nice catch on a sinking liner and made a Dave Winfield throw to the plate. And with Reggie you at least have power potential.

When Hermida returns Aguila should move to CF and Abercrombie should be sent to the minors to learn how to be patient at the plate. That way he can have 4 AB everyday without hurting the parent club. I'm not ready to give up on Reggie, its too soon. But he certainly needs more seasoning at the double or triple A level.

Plat patience isn't for everyone. Look ar Soriano and Vlad and Preston Wilson. Sometimes guys are better off being free swingers. When the Yankees first had Soriano they were so obsessed with him taking more pitches it took away his aggressiveness. I think we need to accept Reggie as a free swinging strikeout guy. If he hits .260 w/ 25 hrs & 75 rbi that's pretty good. Let Hermida & Uggla draw the walks. Keep Reggie in the 7 hole as a bottom of lineup free swinger

I'm really torn between keeping Abercrombie in CF or moving Aguila over when Hermida comes back. Both players would really benefit by having consistent PT.

Both have demonstrated they can play some excellent D and Abercrombie has a cannon for an arm. Both have suffered at the dish.

In the end, it depends upon which player the organization believes has a higher ceiling. If it's Abercrombie, then they should stick with him to help him develop.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

If he hits .260 w/ 25 hrs & 75 rbi that's pretty good.

That is a very tall order, and a huge "if".

I'm really torn between keeping Abercrombie in CF or moving Aguila over when Hermida comes back. Both players would really benefit by having consistent PT.

Both have demonstrated they can play some excellent D and Abercrombie has a cannon for an arm. Both have suffered at the dish.

In the end, it depends upon which player the organization believes has a higher ceiling. If it's Abercrombie, then they should stick with him to help him develop.

Aguila has an excellent arm, too.

I agree with PBMarlin, it's a tough choice. But I think this is it is in a nutshell:

I'm a big Chris Aguila supporter, but there are probably better reasons to keep Reggie in CF after Hermida returns than moving Aguila there permanently. I was really only in favor of starting Chris in the outfield if Willingham was catching. But with Hammer & Hermy playing the corners, I think we can probably afford to keep throwing Reggie out there.

Abe has shown some signs of improvement, however small they might be. I think Aguila is a better hitter than Reggie right now but we're not in the middle of a playoff chase.

Once Hermida returns, if Miguel Olivo can keep hitting then generally we'd be down to only one position player (Abercrombie) who's a real negative at the plate. We can probably afford that for a while, in the hopes that he can develop into a major league hitter. His ceiling (though he has a long way to reach it) is higher than Aguila's.

At some point if they decide he needs more work in the minors (after maybe half the season or something) then put Aguila at CF. Personally I'm fine with it either way...

Aguila. And he bats 8th and he will be fine. I figure .750OPS in the 8-hole based upon his MLEs.

SS Hanley

RF Hermedia

3B Cabrera

LF Willingham

1B Jacobs

2B Uggla

C Olivo

CF Aguila

We have Helms, Treanor, and Cepicky for days we rest Jacobs, Olivo, or Willy. That lineup will produce. Now if we could only fix the train wreck that is our bullpen we'd be in business.

Aguila. And he bats 8th and he will be fine. I figure .750OPS in the 8-hole based upon his MLEs.

SS Hanley

RF Hermedia

3B Cabrera

LF Willingham

1B Jacobs

2B Uggla

C Olivo

CF Aguila

We have Helms, Treanor, and Cepicky for days we rest Jacobs, Olivo, or Willy. That lineup will produce. Now if we could only fix the train wreck that is our bullpen we'd be in business.

Perfect, besides typoing HERMIDA. :D

Aguila's starting/PH splits are huge. Consistent AB will prove he is the best CF option we have, even if he isn't very good. Abercrombie is flat out terrible. He needs to go to Carolina, let alone the PCL.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.