College Major

I'm sure this has been done or discussed before but...

What is your current Major...and what, if any (we all change our minds at least once :p ), have you had before?

right now...I don't wanna say what I'm currently thinking of getting into...cause I don't wanna jinx it *knocks on wood, lol...

but before, I had wanted to be a pilot, and then wanted to do business admin, then focus on accounting ( :plain ... :lol )

what about you?! :)

Going for a double major...question is in what?

I wanted Insurance/Finance, but now I find out that Insurance degree isn't necessary to sell insurance. In fact, most agencies train you in everything and I've heard that you don't need much of what you learn in school...

So maybe I'll do a double major in Finance and something else. I need to decide very soon.

Guest marlins02

im a tv production major.

im also taking education classes trying to get certified as a teacher... kinda like a minor but they dont call it that for some reason.

Guest Juanky

Major in Political Science, most likely with a minor in both Psychology and Sociology and a Certificate in either French or Italian (if not both).

I majored in Management Info Systems.

I also majored in History.

Graduate school for history.

Minor in Gen Business.

Originally was a Gen Business major.

9 hours short of an Entrepenueal(sp) major.

In retrospect, I shouldnt have gone for the MIS major, as I have never really utilized it, the other business aspects being more useful to me.

Also...I have never heard of an Insurance major.

Going for a double major...question is in what?

I wanted Insurance/Finance, but now I find out that Insurance degree isn't necessary to sell insurance. In fact, most agencies train you in everything and I've heard that you don't need much of what you learn in school...

So maybe I'll do a double major in Finance and something else. I need to decide very soon.

I have a friend who was a physics major and currently has a job as an underwriter, so no you don't need an insurance degree to eventually sell insurance. I have other friends who temporarily worked in the insurance industry (before they decided they hated it) who majored in things ranging from economics to African American Studies.

As for me, I went American Studies with an emphasis on Political Science/Econ and Pre-law (primarily because I attend a liberal arts school with a choice of about 20 majors) and I'm starting my JD/MBA in the fall of 2007.

Like MarlinsFans46, I'm a music major, but plan to go into TV as a career.

My 10-page paper is on the concertos of Antonio Vivaldi ("The Four Seasons" among others), and while I don't hate him nor the music, I really don't want to do this assignment.

I'm 1 1/2 pages through and it's due on Friday! :thumbup :plain

Guest CrimsonCane

My concentration (my school's word for major) is in Government. They've just begun to offer secondary fields (minors) in some fields starting next fall, so I gotta see what my options are. I may choose Philosophy, History, or Film Studies as a Secondary Field depending on what the requirements are.

so for those of you that are not done with school yet...

when do you expect to get your first degree? and then, do you wish to continue school??

for me...I expect to get my degree after the Spring 2009 semester :o :blink: lol...whooo '09! and I'm gonna be getting an associates from my school soon...

I also do wish to continue and get a Masters degree :) :)