Huff Traded To Astros

Fishfan79

I dont think Huff was the best bargaining chip to bring back a +prospect, as a very slow first half made his trade value much lower than it has been in recent years.

he's always been a much better 2nd half hitter though

this is an absolute steal by the Astros

I dont think Huff was the best bargaining chip to bring back a +prospect, as a very slow first half made his trade value much lower than it has been in recent years.

he's always been a much better 2nd half hitter though

this is an absolute steal by the Astros

I agree, probably able to resign too.

Huff is a bad player. His average OPS over the last 3 years isn't even over 800, and he doesnt have the peripherals to overcome that. He also sucks defensively. Very mediocre player. Don't think Huff puts the Astros over the top.

I don't know why everyone thinks this is a bad trade for the Devil Rays. Aubrey Huff is heavily overrated, apparently.

Bad move for both teams.

Huff isn't exactly what the Astros needed, and the Rays could have gotten more in a week or two from a team that inquires about Abreu and gets put off by the demands of both prospects and contract committments.

I'm not a huge fan of it, really.

Huff is a bad player. His average OPS over the last 3 years isn't even over 800, and he doesnt have the peripherals to overcome that. He also sucks defensively. Very mediocre player. Don't think Huff puts the Astros over the top.

I don't know why everyone thinks this is a bad trade for the Devil Rays. Aubrey Huff is heavily overrated, apparently.

Huff is not a bad player. He has shown flashes of being a consistently good left handed bat, but fell off last season and seems to slowly making his way back up.

Huff is not a bad player. He has shown flashes of being a consistently good left handed bat, but fell off last season and seems to slowly making his way back up.

His offensive statistics are very middle of the road (actually bad, in my opinion) and he is terrible defensively. That makes him a bad player. I don't factor in potential. Isn't he almost 30 years old?