Do you think we have a chance?

Hollyberry

Do we have a chance? Of course we do...

I went to the game today, and after watching this teamc ome back late over and over again shows that they have what it takes to make a run. They have the desire to win. In a sense I think their inexperience can be an advantage. They're all young, arrogant, and ignorant. They just go out and play to win every night. The way they stormed the field today as Hermida slid in at home shows just how enthused they are to prove that they can do the impossible... I'm really holding out.

Of course the Fish have a chance. The way the starting pitchers are getting the job done, I have full confidence that this team has a chance to get to the postseason. Obviously, they have to play great down the stretch and catch some breaks, but I see no reason to count this team out right now.

Too many teams are still at even tier for the Marlins to have a real chance.

I think .500 could potentially happen though. That's all that matters to me.

you could say the exact same thing about every other team in this race, and using that logic no team has a real chance, except I guess Cincinatti, whom we have a 3 game set in the last week of the year.

there are only 3 teams between us and cincinatti and we are 2 games out.

to say we dont have a realisitc chance is a gross misjustice.

Actually that argument doesnt work anymore (and I was in aggreeance with you 10 days ago about this).

They're THREE games out. How can they not have a "real" chance?

Do they have a fake chance?

Yes we have a chance. But they need to play out of their minds in September.

10 vs Phil

7 vs Mets

Atl, Arz, Cincy

All teams in the race

Nothing like having destiny in your hands. We are going to need to win to get the WC, and getting that over teams in the race will make things much easier. Not that I think it will be easy to beat those teams, just saying that we know each win over another contender will come at the other team's expense as well.

Come on your one if the few people in this board that doesnt think we have a chance things changed after being 20 games below .500 we have had a 10 game winning streak and and have a 7 game winnning streak going on things have changed here the Marlins come back and reloaded :hat

Actually that argument doesnt work anymore (and I was in aggreeance with you 10 days ago about this).

They're THREE games out. How can they not have a "real" chance?

Do they have a fake chance?

It works if I happen to think that several of the teams on even tier are better and will most likely perform better during the last month of the season. The Marlins have too many holes that were never filled.

so which of the contenders filled their holes?

i can think of zero.

I have said to my family for a long time...talk to me when they are within 4 games come September 1st. Well, here we are...

Will our pitching likely tire? yes.

Will 'someone' if not many players fold under the pressure of September? Probably.

But in the end....we are 3 games out and tomorrow's game is still 0-0.

I'll take it :)

The Marlins have their fate in their hands. They will be playing key teams in the wild card race for most of the remaining games this season. Supposedly, MLB is testing for greenies this season. If that is true, a lot of the older teams should be slowing down more in September than in years past. That is where the Marlins have a definite advantage. Not to mention the strength of our starting rotation and our hitters finally getting things done at the plate. Still, we have to take it one game at a time.