IDEA!

Guys, I just came up with a brillient idea. What if we at MB.com put our cash together as a way to get fans to their seats. We can make TV, radio ads...web banners...print ads...etc saying how Loria doesn't want us at the games, and how the only way to improve the team is to fill every seat...

I doubt it will work and I doubt that we would end up doing anything, but seriously, the only way to beat Loria is to do what he doesn't want us to

Umm... Loria wants fans in the seats. They bring him revenue and the support he needs to convince politicians that a new stadium would provide additional revenue to the city.

There's really nothing we can do to force Loria to sell the team that won't also hurt the club for they are one and the same.

Guys, I just came up with a brillient idea. What if we at MB.com put our cash together as a way to get fans to their seats. We can make TV, radio ads...web banners...print ads...etc saying how Loria doesn't want us at the games, and how the only way to improve the team is to fill every seat...

I doubt it will work and I doubt that we would end up doing anything, but seriously, the only way to beat Loria is to do what he doesn't want us to

Not all on this site hate Loria. And I find it hard to believe he doesnt want fans at games. That's really a harsh and totally unfounded statement.

If he didnt want fans in the seats, he wouldnt have spent money in 2003,2004 and 2005. He didnt simply wake up one morning and say, "You know what? I don't want any people to come see my baseball team play games."

Get a clue.

Not all on this site hate Loria. And I find it hard to believe he doesnt want fans at games. That's really a harsh and totally unfounded statement.

If he didnt want fans in the seats, he wouldnt have spent money in 2003,2004 and 2005. He didnt simply wake up one morning and say, "You know what? I don't want any people to come see my baseball team play games."

Get a clue.

He doesn't profit, ultimately, from people in the seats. He profits by getting a new, taxpayer-funded, stadium. Please "Google" "Loria" "Montreal" "stadium" "suit" and "investors," and read a little.

The Loria lovers on this site hate to admit it, but depressing attendance figures, low payroll, poor marketing, etc., are a tactic, and have been used to pursue the business goals of a sports franchise before. The gist of it is "I can't survive here without a taxpayer funded stadium, they won't give it to me, so I must be allowed to move the franchise." It happened in Montreal. Guess who was the owner? And guess what role his son-in-law played?

The Loria lovers on this site hate to admit it, but depressing attendance figures, low payroll, poor marketing, etc., are a tactic, and have been used to pursue the business goals of a sports franchise before. The gist of it is "I can't survive here without a taxpayer funded stadium, they won't give it to me, so I must be allowed to move the franchise." It happened in Montreal. Guess who was the owner? And guess what role his son-in-law played?

Hey Catch, spreading your BS about Montreal again? I'm surprised it took you so late in the day, usually you're spewing by 10-11am.

Everything regarding what happened in Montreal is available as a matter of public record online, both the arbitration panel's findings and the courts. All of it exonerates Loria and Catch knows this but ignores those findings of fact because they don't serve his purpose.

Catch knows all this but continues on a daily basis to try and mislead you with more of his conspriracy theories and guarantees of fact that are nothing by delusional rantings of a person who has spread venom on numerous times here before.

This team has taken enough of our money...these a**holes up stairs should spend some of their millions on putting a decent product out there before anyone with a real job puts money in addition to paying for tickets.

Exactly what team/franchise would you say is putting out a "decent product"? Maybe I missed it, but we didn't lose 120 games this season. We weren't eliminated from playoff contention until the last week of the season. The last 3 seasons we finished with winning records, and oh, also won a World Series.

I'm not going to blame the fans or anyone else for attendance, but seriously - what kind of product would you like? the one they sell in Baltimore? in Kansas City? even in Philly, with not even a playoff appearance since 93? Maybe you think we should be those teams that go to the playoffs every year. But the Braves didn't exactly convert all those division titles into many championships, and even the Yanks are 0 for their last 5.

Spending excessive millions doesn't equate to a good product.

The team this year was great, and made for a very compelling product. We're not going to win the WS every year. No one does.

Hey Catch, spreading your BS about Montreal again? I'm surprised it took you so late in the day, usually you're spewing by 10-11am.

Everything regarding what happened in Montreal is available as a matter of public record online, both the arbitration panel's findings and the courts. All of it exonerates Loria and Catch knows this but ignores those findings of fact because they don't serve his purpose.

Catch knows all this but continues on a daily basis to try and mislead you with more of his conspriracy theories and guarantees of fact that are nothing by delusional rantings of a person who has spread venom on numerous times here before.

glad to see i'm not the only one that sees that :thumbup

Get a clue.

He doesn't profit, ultimately, from people in the seats. He profits by getting a new, taxpayer-funded, stadium. Please "Google" "Loria" "Montreal" "stadium" "suit" and "investors," and read a little.

Only when there was a credible relocation threat paired with it does it make sense. (In addition, mayors to selectman to state senators to city administrators have known for nearly a decade exactly why the Marlins can not live up to its full potential or without MLB support here so there's no need to convince them of anything other than fan support providing tax revenue.)

Although the case of Montreal all together unique. Everyone involved with that franchise just wanted out. To any number of markets (they were discussing San Juan and Oklahoma City!). They had tried to sell the team to DC interests before bringing in Loria in 98/99.

I fixed that for you.

I fixed that for you.

:lol :lol

I've met the guy, I've also spoken with him at length and that is so far from the truth...it's pretty stupid to say

This team has taken enough of our money...these a**holes up stairs should spend some of their millions on putting a decent product out there before anyone with a real job puts money in addition to paying for tickets.

You are a spoiled brat.

Not really, but out of touch perhaps.

I guess when your city ignores suggestions, demands and threats for 16 years without punishment you kind of forget hosting a MLB team is a priviledge granted to just 27 cities.