Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Break out the Brooms!

Featured Replies

1st-Boones glovework at 1B has been a very pleasant surprise(to me anyway, it might not be to others), and Id like to see him move up in the order. Him batting behind Olivo is insanity IMO.

 

I am officially on the Boone bandwagon, although he will probably never replace Easley as my favorite super sub.

Boone's approaching Andy Fox utility infielder territory for me. :p

 

Fantastic showing by Miggy, Hammer, Uggla, Hermida tonight.

 

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

 

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

 

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

I've been unable to fund my off-shore account since Memorial Day and it looks like at least another 2 days before I have wagering available :banghead , thus guaranteeing a 5 game win streak at least.

1st-Boones glovework at 1B has been a very pleasant surprise(to me anyway, it might not be to others), and Id like to see him move up in the order. Him batting behind Olivo is insanity IMO.

 

I am officially on the Boone bandwagon, although he will probably never replace Easley as my favorite super sub.

 

Ive always liked Boone ever since his first game for the marlins. You can instantly see how he improves every game, especially in plate discipline. he is much calmer at the plate than how he used to be (of course hes getting some good AB). Hes fielding is very impressive at first base too.

 

It would be a no brainer to move him up, especially now that olivo can't hit a watermellon.

Boone's approaching Andy Fox utility infielder territory for me. :p

 

Fantastic showing by Miggy, Hammer, Uggla, Hermida tonight.

 

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

 

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

 

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

 

I think despite it. I still want Hanley back in the leadoff spot and Cabs batting 3rd. I'm not sure if there's a link between Hanley's slump and where he is in the lineup (maybe trying to do too much?) but we need his bat leading off. I just don't see Ramirez as a consistent RBI man right now; that could change in the future.

Boone's approaching Andy Fox utility infielder territory for me. :p

 

Fantastic showing by Miggy, Hammer, Uggla, Hermida tonight.

 

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

 

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

 

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

 

I think despite it. I still want Hanley back in the leadoff spot and Cabs batting 3rd. I'm not sure if there's a link between Hanley's slump and where he is in the lineup (maybe trying to do too much?) but we need his bat leading off. I just don't see Ramirez as a consistent RBI man right now; that could change in the future.

 

I'm with you, I feel his productivity is much more significant right now from the leadoff spot. Maybe 3rd at a different time but now, we need him back at leadoff.

Boone's approaching Andy Fox utility infielder territory for me. :p

 

Fantastic showing by Miggy, Hammer, Uggla, Hermida tonight.

 

Mitre looked real good again, hope that cramp is nothing serious. (Makes me openly wonder about our intentions for him, and our rotation now).

 

Also huge to give Gregg the night off before what should be a really tight Brewers series.

 

Open question to you all, are we winning at this clip because of the lineup shuffle, or despite it?

 

I think despite it. I still want Hanley back in the leadoff spot and Cabs batting 3rd. I'm not sure if there's a link between Hanley's slump and where he is in the lineup (maybe trying to do too much?) but we need his bat leading off. I just don't see Ramirez as a consistent RBI man right now; that could change in the future.

 

I'm with you, I feel his productivity is much more significant right now from the leadoff spot. Maybe 3rd at a different time but now, we need him back at leadoff.

 

He has cooled tremendously. I mean, he is hitting .277 from the 3 spot, and his OBP has also decreased a great deal (he dropped below .400 a couple nights ago for the first time this season, and his improved OBP is where a huge value increase came in the early part of this season). And, his RBI's have not increased whatsoever.

 

Because I know Dan Uggla has been on a tear as of late, but he can't get on base consistently enough and we have no leadoff hitter, so there really aren't that many opportunities. I would like to see something like this...

 

Hanley (there's nothing wrong with power in the front)

Hermida (he's getting on track as of late, and his OBP potential is insane)

Boone (I don't know what to say about Boone, except I am very impressed as of late... he belongs in a run production slot)

Cabs (Clean it up)

Willingham (potential for tons of RBI's)

Uggla (He's becoming more and more of a power hitter, not a consistent hitter of average, he needs to clean stuff up here in the mids)

Amezaga / Abercrombie / De Aza / Please God, someone else... (Leadoff? For real?)

Olivo (Major League Baseball? For Real?)

P

Random question: I was roaming between the TV (Ducks game) and the computer (Marlins game) and didn't hear the reason, but did anyone know why Presley was coaching at first late in the game?

Random question: I was roaming between the TV (Ducks game) and the computer (Marlins game) and didn't hear the reason, but did anyone know why Presley was coaching at first late in the game?

he was pinch coaching tonight....Fox was under the weather.

Random question: I was roaming between the TV (Ducks game) and the computer (Marlins game) and didn't hear the reason, but did anyone know why Presley was coaching at first late in the game?

he was pinch coaching tonight....Fox was under the weather.

Ah, thank you.

It would've been nice if they played like this against the mutts. Anyway, glad they

didn't just hang their heads during this series and actually used their bats for a

change.

1st-Boones glovework at 1B has been a very pleasant surprise(to me anyway, it might not be to others), and Id like to see him move up in the order. Him batting behind Olivo is insanity IMO.

 

I am officially on the Boone bandwagon, although he will probably never replace Easley as my favorite super sub.

 

 

 

Im with Spike on this one. I miss Easley dearly but I now kneel down to the Church of Boonism.

I just want to come out of Milwaukee at .500, at least. I think we can do it. I wonder which pitcher's we're facing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.