Marlins All-Stars

marlins2219

Who do you think is going??

I think:

Miguel Cabrera

Dan Uggla ( although brandon phillips is having an allstar year)

Hanley Ramirez ( Hard with J.Reyes , E. Renteria, J. Rollins, A. Gonzalez)

S. Mitre

I think all four of those could be good bets. Mitre may have a tough time. I would love to see Gregg make it too but he may not have the number of saves to make it. All five of those guys deserve it.

I think:

Miguel Cabrera

S. Mitre

Miguel: Yes

Dan: Questionable

HanRam: Questionalble ... and when does alex gonzalez fit in here? ... JJ Hardy anyone?

S.Mitre and his two wins: No

there you go, come back any time

I think:

Miguel Cabrera

S. Mitre

Cabrera and Uggla for sure will make the team. Mitre, killer ERA but like catchoftheday said, he only has 2 wins and really doesnt have enough innings pitched even if he had a few more wins. Hanley I'd love to see in there. He's right up there with Reyes and Renteria for top batting average for a SS and he has more hits than any other SS, but his RBI count will hurt him a little.

Miggy: Hands Down

Uggla: More Than Likely

Hanley: Toss Up

Williangham: Possible Replacement if someone doesnt play

Ok more than likely the Marlins will have 2 All Stars, but I can almost guarentee it would be up to South Florida to get the third guy in.

Plain and simple..whoever doesnt make it from uggla or hanley will undoubtly be on the 32nd man ballot.

juan pierre was a couple years back (04?)

so...its up to south florida, i think the voting goes for 5 days but Hanley and Dan definatley desereve a spot.

I think it's all wishful thinking. Cabs will be the only All-Star this year. Neither Uggla or Hanley are in the top five for their position. I think Uggla's power numbers are deserving, but a batting average of .261 doesn't exactly scream "All-Star" to me, and I doubt it does to many other than myself. As for Hanley, I think he's just getting the raw end of the deal. There are too many uneducated voters out there.

Here's the link for the latest NL balloting:

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=mlb

I think it's all wishful thinking. Cabs will be the only All-Star this year. Neither Uggla or Hanley are in the top five for their position. I think Uggla's power numbers are deserving, but a batting average of .261 doesn't exactly scream "All-Star" to me, and I doubt it does to many other than myself. As for Hanley, I think he's just getting the raw end of the deal. There are too many uneducated voters out there.

Here's the link for the latest NL balloting:

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=mlb

It's exciting to see Cabs with over 1 million votes.

uggla might get knocked out because of biggio. MLB always puts players in out of respect for the end of their careers. i thought this was biggios last year, and if it is, he gets in. and with a possible 4 SS's in the NL, why they would take 3 second basemen is beyond me.

doesnt mean he cant make the fan voting thou at the end.

I think in the end Cabrera, Uggla and Hanely will all make the squad although Hanley is a bit of a toss-up. Mitre sadly just hasn't gotten the run support to give him a few more wins which would likely give him a spot due to his great era and whip. Gregg has no chance of making it at this point.

I think:

Miguel Cabrera

S. Mitre

lol

Today's fun stat.

Seabass' Walks in June: 0

IMO there's NO way Cabrera and HanRam don't make it. Uggla is definitely the best second baseman in the league behind Utley, and I'm pretty positive he'll end up on the team, too. Gregg deserves it, but he doesn't have enough saves and I'm pretty sure everyone still thinks we haven't found a closer.

If the All-Star roster shook out the way it should, Cabrera would be the starter and Hanley and Uggla are named as reserves.

Given the standing of our team, I'd be absolutely shocked if we have 3 representatives...even if all 3 are overly deserving.

It happened last year?

IMO there's NO way Cabrera and HanRam don't make it. Uggla is definitely the best second baseman in the league behind Utley, and I'm pretty positive he'll end up on the team, too. Gregg deserves it, but he doesn't have enough saves and I'm pretty sure everyone still thinks we haven't found a closer.

Take a peak at the SS this year in the NL

there's a very good chance Hanley doesn't make it

If the All-Star roster shook out the way it should, Cabrera would be the starter and Hanley and Uggla are named as reserves.

Given the standing of our team, I'd be absolutely shocked if we have 3 representatives...even if all 3 are overly deserving.

It happened last year?

we only had two representatives: Cabs and Uggla.

Take a peak at the SS this year in the NL

there's a very good chance Hanley doesn't make it

I think it's more likely he does than doesn't... Hanley is probably the most hyped SS in the NL excluding Reyes and Hardy...