Fatberg sez Canes -> JRS

marlin2266

Yeah - he said it right before the 4:15 break.

But, always consider the source - he backs away from stuff he kinda throws in there all the time - very unreliable and self-absorbed "face-for-radio".

Yep. I always picture this arrogant blivet the way he looked the first time I saw him in person years ago at the racetrack. A hot dog in one hand, a beer in the other, the racing newspaper under his arm, and a second hot dog sticking out of his fat mouth.

Yeah - he said it right before the 4:15 break.

But, always consider the source - he backs away from stuff he kinda throws in there all the time - very unreliable and self-absorbed "face-for-radio".

I dislike Hank as much as anyone out there, but he is as reliable a reporter in South Florida sports as you will find. So this is great news. :thumbup

he is alot better then news then anyone on 790 by far

For Sources? Probably, but nowhere near as entertaining as anyone on 790! IMO, of course.

BTW: isn't it CTMarlinfan who is interning for Syd Rosenberg? I didn't like him at first, but man is he growing on me. I listened to him during my long drive today from Naples, and he was killling me, I was laughing my ass off the whole way listening to him talk about music. He was sooo on the money. Have to give him some huge props for his show today.

Still dont think the OB site is good for a stadium. Who knows though.

Its not the best, but if they get the land for free it would make the most sense and become the front runner. Its better than hialeah for sure.

As long as they get some sort of shuttle bus going between the Vizcaya metrorail stop to the stadium, it will still be able to be reached via public transportation. Its not far, I've walked from the OB to the station before. The team could just buy 8-10 buses (paint them marlins colors so people dont get confused) and run them back and forth on game days.

Now the fat man says that the Hurricane move to Joe Robbie is closer to 50/50 than a done deal. He claims Wayne, knowing he's holding 4 Aces, is tightening the screws on the deal. Oh, Hank the Frank also challenged Kobayashi to a hot dog eating contest, in jest I think.

• 1 month later...

As long as they get some sort of shuttle bus going between the Vizcaya metrorail stop to the stadium, it will still be able to be reached via public transportation. Its not far, I've walked from the OB to the station before. The team could just buy 8-10 buses (paint them marlins colors so people dont get confused) and run them back and forth on game days.

I think they do something like that for CBP in Philly. At least I remember seeing a lot of people coming on buses when I went there last year.

Its not the best, but if they get the land for free it would make the most sense and become the front runner. Its better than hialeah for sure.

Not better than Hialeah not by a longshot!

Not better than Hialeah not by a longshot!

Great grammar

But yeah the OB site is much better than Hialeah. Closer to Metrorail and Downtown.

At The OB you barely can build a ballpark with ez access from nowhere. It's ok to get to once a week but baseball is not played on Saturdays only. Hialeah you can build a whole complex (including parking) with access for those coming from anywhere. Metrorail can be extended there without the nutty shuttle buses sugested

All this said, I thought the relevance of the OB issue was money, not land - that money that would be used for renovations could now go to a stadium project. Not that we would be building the new park over the OB site.

You are correct that is what is going on.