SUV Fireball hits Glasgow Airport

CapeFish

This is an absolute mess.

Reports are saying that the man or men caught from the SUV were Southeast Asian, which makes me wonder if this wasn't a group like Jemaah Islamiya (i think that's how it's spelled). However, it would be odd, as I didn't think that they had any access to the west. I believe the group was previously involved in the Bali nightclub bombing several years ago that killed around 250 people.

This is an absolute mess.

Reports are saying that the man or men caught from the SUV were Southeast Asian, which makes me wonder if this wasn't a group like Jemaah Islamiya (i think that's how it's spelled). However, it would be odd, as I didn't think that they had any access to the west. I believe the group was previously involved in the Bali nightclub bombing several years ago that killed around 250 people.

No, they are saying South Asian. So Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, etc. etc.

Its just a matter of time America.

:(

that day was ensured when bush attacked iraq...except 9/11 will be the appetizer to the main course

Oy vey schmear!

Terrorists will attack with or without impetus.

For someone as liberal as yourself, you're such a doommongerer.

You know how they live in Israel? They don't let fear of suicide bombings deter them from being Israelis and normal citizens. Or invasion for that matter.

Maybe you should take a lesson from that?

that day was ensured when bush attacked iraq...except 9/11 will be the appetizer to the main course

Really? Thats why we are going to get attacked again? Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda, who hated Iraq, are going to get retribution for us invading Iraq?

No.

The reason we got attacked in the first place, and the reason we may get attacked next time is because of our policies in Israel and Saudi Arabia. You know how I know that? Because that's what Osama said.

Really? Thats why we are going to get attacked again? Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda, who hated Iraq, are going to get retribution for us invading Iraq?

No.

The reason we got attacked in the first place, and the reason we may get attacked next time is because of our policies in Israel and Saudi Arabia. You know how I know that? Because that's what Osama said.

Right because the only people who have a vested interest in attacking America are Osama and Al Queda. :rolleyes: If your gonna come down so hard on Jimmy you might want to toss the thinking cap on first.

Al Queda represents just one of many facets of Islamic Extremism.

Osama did predict that the US would invade a country that had never attacked it, so he was right about something...

Iraq is having an effect on Afghanistan now, where terrorists are learning the best ways to attack our forces, and then teaching the Taliban how to most effectively strike at us.

We badly need to recommit soldiers to Afghanistan, which is very close to spiraling out of control. Iraq is already lost at this point. It won't matter if we stay for 5, 10, or 100 years, because we screwed up the earliest months of the occupation. Since we can't correct those mistakes, the best thing to do is let the Iraqis work out their own problems for once, which we have been doing for them for over four years.

Osama did predict that the US would invade a country that had never attacked it, so he was right about something...

Pat Robertson also prayed for years for a Supreme Court Justice to disappear.

That doesn't make them visionaries, just rhetoric spewing loonies.

Yes, but did we have to play into that? It just made Al Qaeda's extreme position somewhat more appealing to the average Middle Easterner, and damaged our perception in that region.

I would also like to point out that experts are now ruling out any Al Qaeda ties, and saying that it was yet another amateur copycat job, this time by far more inexperienced people than the ones who attacked the British Underground two years ago this week. The bombs found in the two cars were extremely rudimentary, and no one has been able to explain the flaming car crashing into Glasgow Airport, except that it was an act of desperation before they were captured.