Pavano?

Lane1974

MLBtraderumors.com says the Yanks are going to release him since they need to create some room on the 40 man roster to add A-Rod and Rivera -- assuming he isn't completely done injury wise, I think the Marlins should take a shot on a cheap deal for him -- he knows the area, was/is close with Loria from the Expos days, and is a vet who could add a lot to the young staff if he has a bounce back year...

MLBtraderumors.com says the Yanks are going to release him since they need to create some room on the 40 man roster to add A-Rod and Rivera -- assuming he isn't completely done injury wise, I think the Marlins should take a shot on a cheap deal for him -- he knows the area, was/is close with Loria from the Expos days, and is a vet who could add a lot to the young staff if he has a bounce back year...

In a word "yes".

He immediately goes on the DL. I think we could absorb the spot on the 40 man roster but it would be determined solely on what his doctors say about his potential for returning to baseball.

Pavano accepted assignment to the minor leagues.

:(

Would have been great to have him. Say what you want about his injuries but he's been rather solid when he was healthy for the Yankees...translate his numbers to that of a NL at dolphin stadium and it would be in the low 4's, would be a real nice 4-5, and could have probably signed him real cheap.

He would be a nice guy to take a flier on but lets not go overboard with how he has performed for New York.

19 starts, 111 IP, and a 92 ERA+

He has also only had one good, complete season in his career. Lucky for him it happened at the perfect time.

I don't think anybody is expecting him to turn sh*t into gold.

But our rotation right now is nothing but questionmarks.

He's atleast better than Byung-yun Kim, Chris Seddon, Daniel Barone, list goes on and on.

He would be a nice guy to take a flier on but lets not go overboard with how he has performed for New York.

He has also only had one good, complete season in his career. Lucky for him it happened at the perfect time.

He's atleast better than Byung-yun Kim, Chris Seddon, Daniel Barone, list goes on and on.

Pavano ANY DAY over freaking Kim.

kim not on the DL anyday over pavano on the DL

kim not on the DL anyday over pavano on the DL

Pavano on the DL ANYDAY over Kim not on the DL.....god kim sucks :shifty

I guess I'm in the minority. On a personal basis, purely from an entertainment standpoint I enjoyed watching Kim pitch. But I also thought he contributed. And I'm not talking about "heart" when I say with that rubber arm he'd go out there six nights in a row if asked.

Not to mention he was I believe the only pitcher on our staff with ten wins and a winning record in 2007.

Every team needs a Kim as sort of a shock absorber against the bumps in the road of 162 game season and I would not be unhappy if he returned to the 25 man roster.

I'd take Kim over a Brian Moehler any day.

6.08 E.R.A, 68 walks in 118 innings, 131 hits and 20 home runs allowed in that span, and did i mention 68 walks? career record = 54-60.

The fact that he had a winning record in 07 was only because of the high run support he recieved

Bottom line: Kim sucks and so does Moehler.... :thumbdown

:mis2 Pavano on the DL still wins

68 WALKS!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.