Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brian Moehler

Featured Replies

According to the marlins mailbag, for veteran pitchers the Marlins are considering signing Brian Moehler. Right now Moehler is asking $600K, but the Marlins want to pay a little less for him. We'll see how this will play out.

If Moehler is on the Marlins who will Andino get his hits off of?

 

:mis2 ............. :notworthy

 

lol

While I believe we have no use for Moehler... lol 600K too much?

 

I just don't like the idea of signing some crappy veteran and having him forced to be in the rotation. With Miller, RVH, Olsen, Sanchez, Nolasco, and Mitre we have six starters. Now, likely 1-2 will not be ready opening day, but I'd rather have a ST invite as insurance instead of having to have a Moehler type "clog" up the rotation if 5 of the 6 can go.

Can we go after Matt LeCroy too? We need someone experienced at sucking behing the plate too.

You guys I have nothing against this guy. But we don't need a veteran starter to mentor our young. I don't want mr. soft tosser nowhere near this rotation. We can spend this money elsewhere. PASS!

damn man, what the hell.

 

what's even the point? we should be able to set a rotation full of young guys, and there is a logjam of arms in the pen.

 

 

thanks for your time here & all Moehls but hey Beinfest let's move on.

a vet may be nice but not good old moe. if we sign a vet he needs to be cable of throwing 175+ innings and moehler hasnt done that since 2000

nic ungs > jeff fulchino > brian moehler

why grab something worse than what weve had sitting in the minors

I know that. If they don't want him for 600k, I'm pretty sure they don't want him at all. But I think it's funny if we're pinching for pennies here. I would't put it past this ownership.

I know that. If they don't want him for 600k, I'm pretty sure they don't want him at all. But I think it's funny if we're pinching for pennies here. I would't put it past this ownership.

It's not penny pinching not wanting this guy on the team for that money. We have too many youngins trying to get into the rotation who will do as good as Moehler, if not better, for less money. And there will be guys left off the bullpen that are better than him.

I'd rather let some minor-league free agent-types fight it out in spring training. We probably won't find another Gardner, but not many could be worse than Moehler.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.