Official Wrestling Discussion

I'm probably using the way-over-ometer again but I think WM will easily match U2, potentially run around 90,000 if it sells out.

Where I went wrong with U2 was that they cut out all of what was the Publix Home Run Alley or whatever. Left Field. It stayed up for the Marlins, and so there were no seats there. Plus... I severely underestimated the size of the soundboard in the back. Two different areas that otherwise would have fit more people.

Quite honestly I'm 100% fine with Upper Deck row 13. I don't care if I can't make out much of the actual fight in person (which I'll just watch on the screens)... I'm just excited to be there at Wrestlemania.

Oh just being there is enough for me to. However, since I am flying down from Rhode Island, I couldn't justify getting cheaper tickets. If I still lived in Miami, I would probably get the cheapest tickets and just get drunk at the show.

I can't believe how much they jacked up the prices...

this is is the fifth straight wrestlemania i've bought tickets (only one i actually attended was 26 in phoenix, skipped out on 24 because my friend flaked out, skipped out on 25 for financial reasons, skipped out on 27 because i knew it would suck), and looking at the prices they really jacked them up... some have even f***ing doubled, the tickets I bought for WM25 in Houston were $175... now they're $450...

I wound up getting the section 138...not too thrilled, slept in for the presale and tried for over an hour and this were the best seats that popped up...not a big deal...it's more about the experience than the actual show anyways...

Does WWE have control of that or is that more the choice of the people running the venue? Don't they get a portion of ticket sales?

I'm pretty sure it's mostly, if not all, WWE that decides ticket prices.

Indeed it is. The venue gets nothing but the large rental, I believe. And it there's more on top of that, it's after ticket prices. Which is why often on tickets you'll see

Ticket Price: $45.50

Venue Fee: $4.50

Total Price: $50.00

And again if memory serves me correctly, U2 paid out $250,000 to rent out SunLife for their concert, plus replacing/fixing the grass.

I'm watching this past Friday's Smackdown episode on WWE's youtube page ... has Cody Rhodes beaten Orton once during this feud? I miss those rivalries where the victories switched back and forth so you could actually have some doubts of who would win at the final match between the two.

Despite it appearing to be overpriced, the $1,500, $850 and $495 seats are all sold out. The entire lower level is sold out at $151 a ticket.

I checked ticketmaster and it seems like the there are a decent amount of $281 seats available. On the other end of the spectrum, the upper endzone appears to be sold out as well. Seems like they've sold 40,000-50,000 seats already.

I'm watching this past Friday's Smackdown episode on WWE's youtube page ... has Cody Rhodes beaten Orton once during this feud? I miss those rivalries where the victories switched back and forth so you could actually have some doubts of who would win at the final match between the two.

I think Rhodes beat him on Raw in the first match that started the feud.

The fact that it's selling doesn't mean it's not overpriced. It just means that the WWE can make it overpriced because people will still show up. Just like the Superbowl.

Supply and demand, my friend.

Well of course... that doesn't make it not overpriced. That makes it a tactical business move.

The fact that it's selling doesn't mean it's not overpriced. It just means that the WWE can make it overpriced because people will still show up. Just like the Superbowl.

Wrong. If the seats are selling, then it is not over priced.

And the same thing to you. Overpriced has little to do with supply and demand from a consumer perspective. It's something that they will buy no matter what (within reason). Much in the sense of your $8 beers at SunLife Stadium. They are overpriced, but until they are too overpriced you're still going to get it (the typical beer consumer, that is).

Supply and demand, my friend.

Well of course... that doesn't make it not overpriced. That makes it a tactical business move.

Wrong. If the seats are selling, then it is not over priced.

And the same thing to you. Overpriced has little to do with supply and demand from a consumer perspective. It's something that they will buy no matter what (within reason). Much in the sense of your $8 beers at SunLife Stadium. They are overpriced, but until they are too overpriced you're still going to get it (the typical beer consumer, that is).

Well then they aren't over priced are they? If I'm lining up with a wad of twenties and they keep selling me beer, then things are fine.

Once I stop buying them, then they are over priced.

Also, the difference between stadium beer and WM tickets is that there's no comparison. When I buy a Pepsi at the stadium for 5 bucks, I know that I could buy a 12 pack and some ice for less at the supermarket. You don't really get that with something like this. Yeah, you could say "they used to be cheaper" but that's the forward progress of time for you.