Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Patterson

Featured Replies

TAKE HIM!! Come on Bienfest, we are obviously going for the tallest rotation in baseball. He would fit in perfectly amongst Olsen, Mitre, Miller, and Hendrickson.

Astros are interested but last I read, he hasn't signed with them yet.

 

Well then, what the heck are we waiting for? Lets go get'm!

I guess Washington lost patience with him.

 

I remember this guy pitching quite well against the Fish before. Certainly not last year....but maybe the year before.

Calm down folks...

 

The guy had one good year, one that was a career year and will never happen again. Patterson sucks, but I guess when your rotation looks as bad as ours, anything looks like a bargain.

Calm down folks...

 

The guy had one good year, one that was a career year and will never happen again. Patterson sucks, but I guess when your rotation looks as bad as ours, anything looks like a bargain.

The guy hasnt had a full season since man. The guy has great stuff.

We need the pitching depth, especially in the veteran department.

 

This team doesn't need anymore "veteran depth" on the disabled list, which is where John Patterson will spend most of a regular season. C'mon, major league teams just don't "waive" quality pitchers.

This guy could have been a stud. Unfortunately now he looks like damaged goods with small chance of ever being what he could have been. Still, I wouldn't have minded if we took a shot at him, especially since it looks like he can be had for peanuts.

I had a dream the other night that after being cut by the Yankees, Carl Pavano comes back to South Florida and becomes the next Tim Wakefield. In the context of John Patterson his current stuff isn't going to fool too many major league hitters if he can't bring it at more than 85 mph. And even if he is healthy enough to continue his career he's going to need to either increase his velocity significantly or develop a specialty pitch, knuckleball, forkball, screwball, something he can use as an out pitch.

I had a dream the other night that after being cut by the Yankees, Carl Pavano comes back to South Florida and becomes the next Tim Wakefield.

 

For some reason

I had the same dream, but it might have been read somewhere for me. Or on ESPN. I am not sure. On Wednesday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.