Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andrew Miller

Featured Replies

I'm really inclined to think that the Marlins could have done better than Rabelo if they dealt to two separate teams. Quite frankly I'm not even sure why they bothered. He is marginally better than Treanor, at best.

 

agreed.

 

I personally think the Howie Kendrick deal was superior, and the team could have moved Willis separately and likely done better overall.

I'm really inclined to think that the Marlins could have done better than Rabelo if they dealt to two separate teams. Quite frankly I'm not even sure why they bothered. He is marginally better than Treanor, at best.

 

agreed.

 

I personally think the Howie Kendrick deal was superior, and the team could have moved Willis separately and likely done better overall.

I think both LA teams would have given us better deals.

 

I just wish I knew more about what the Marlins were thinking when they traded for Rabelo. Was he more of a throw in player or were the Marlins going out of their way to acquire him?

Miller needed to be sent to AA two starts ago.

 

Waechter is the only one so far who has earned a starting shot.

 

I think Volstad still needs more time.

I'm really inclined to think that the Marlins could have done better than Rabelo if they dealt to two separate teams. Quite frankly I'm not even sure why they bothered. He is marginally better than Treanor, at best.

 

agreed.

 

I personally think the Howie Kendrick deal was superior, and the team could have moved Willis separately and likely done better overall.

I think both LA teams would have given us better deals.

 

I just wish I knew more about what the Marlins were thinking when they traded for Rabelo. Was he more of a throw in player or were the Marlins going out of their way to acquire him?

 

I'm sure he was just a throw in. He'd never done anything to get excited over.

I'm really inclined to think that the Marlins could have done better than Rabelo if they dealt to two separate teams. Quite frankly I'm not even sure why they bothered. He is marginally better than Treanor, at best.

 

agreed.

 

I personally think the Howie Kendrick deal was superior, and the team could have moved Willis separately and likely done better overall.

I think both LA teams would have given us better deals.

 

I just wish I knew more about what the Marlins were thinking when they traded for Rabelo. Was he more of a throw in player or were the Marlins going out of their way to acquire him?

 

The indication after the fact was that the LA deals as published were never on the table. They were discussed, but the LA teams were never willing to give up what was rumored.

I'm really inclined to think that the Marlins could have done better than Rabelo if they dealt to two separate teams. Quite frankly I'm not even sure why they bothered. He is marginally better than Treanor, at best.

 

agreed.

 

I personally think the Howie Kendrick deal was superior, and the team could have moved Willis separately and likely done better overall.

I think both LA teams would have given us better deals.

 

I just wish I knew more about what the Marlins were thinking when they traded for Rabelo. Was he more of a throw in player or were the Marlins going out of their way to acquire him?

 

The indication after the fact was that the LA deals as published were never on the table. They were discussed, but the LA teams were never willing to give up what was rumored.

I would have taken Loney and Kershaw for Cabrera.Then traded Willis seperately for a center fielder prospect.

As crazy as it may sound i would like to have Gregg get another shot at SP and i would like to see Kensing go in as closer and Miller to AA or to the bullpen for when we have blowout games, like that he cant gain confidence without ruining our chances of winning

I gotta say Big Z, that is pretty crazy...

 

Gregg'll stay at closer till the trade deadline though, and next in line is Lindstrom, then Henry Owens when he comes back healthy...

 

Kensing is destined for a MR role with an outside shot at SU

 

But that's my opinion.

 

At this point, I'd like to see Miller develop at AA, I don't think a bullpen stint will be as beneficial for him

I'm well aware.

 

The point being that they had more desirable talent that could have been packaged in whatever deal for one of the players, likely Cabrera.

 

I agree they had better talent, but I'm not sure how much better of a package we could have gotten. My understanding was that Kershaw was never available at all.

 

Its funny how far things have come from when people on this board were demanding a trade along the lines of Kershaw, Kemp, and Loney for Cabrera. To bad the market never really developed. It's amazing how much more teams value young talent then even 5 years ago.

if they dont send him down im gonna be so pissed. tonight 7 innings 1 er 0 bb's. this franchise is a joke if they dont bring him up and send him down. ive had enough of this sh*t. the kids terrible.

 

But if they bring up Volstad, he'll be eligible for arbitration a year before they want him to be. Its all about the $ & ?.

and if they would start badenhops big league time, whats wrong about volstad's? exactly

 

Badenhop's chances of winding up in our rotation long-term (& thus being a $ issue) are not anywhere near Volstad's.

 

so that would mean they would rather save money than try to win more

 

Don't forget who our owner is....El Grande Cheapo :whistle

Phillip Hughes

Ian Kennedy

Clay Buccholz

Johnny Cueto

Matt Garza

 

...young pitchers...all inexperienced...all struggling just like Andrew Miller. Be patient.

 

Look at Ervin Santana, for example. Struggled mightily last year, yet the Angels stuck with his potential, and he's 5-0 this year, after experiencing growing pains last year.

 

...and I could continue naming pitchers, who weren't successful early on, and grew up to become good pitchers. Heck, our own, Scott Olsen has done it so far, this year.

 

It's WAY TOO EARLY TO EVALUATE THIS TRADE.

 

Maybin is 21 years old. Miller is 22 years old. Wait at least 2-3 YEARS...then evaluate.

 

Also, I think Badenhop has good stuff, and could develop into a good end of the rotation starter for us. He showed some flashes today, and I think he has a very good sinker. Don't give up on him, either, just yet.

Phillip Hughes

Ian Kennedy

Clay Buccholz

Johnny Cueto

Matt Garza

 

...young pitchers...all inexperienced...all struggling just like Andrew Miller. Be patient.

 

Look at Ervin Santana, for example. Struggled mightily last year, yet the Angels stuck with his potential, and he's 5-0 this year, after experiencing growing pains last year.

 

...and I could continue naming pitchers, who weren't successful early on, and grew up to become good pitchers. Heck, our own, Scott Olsen has done it so far, this year.

 

It's WAY TOO EARLY TO EVALUATE THIS TRADE.

 

Maybin is 21 years old. Miller is 22 years old. Wait at least 2-3 YEARS...then evaluate.

 

Also, I think Badenhop has good stuff, and could develop into a good end of the rotation starter for us. He showed some flashes today, and I think he has a very good sinker. Don't give up on him, either, just yet.

 

Agreed.

 

Also, Badenhop had few pitches today that were downright filthy.

Phillip Hughes

Ian Kennedy

Clay Buccholz

Johnny Cueto

Matt Garza

 

...young pitchers...all inexperienced...all struggling just like Andrew Miller. Be patient.

 

Look at Ervin Santana, for example. Struggled mightily last year, yet the Angels stuck with his potential, and he's 5-0 this year, after experiencing growing pains last year.

 

...and I could continue naming pitchers, who weren't successful early on, and grew up to become good pitchers. Heck, our own, Scott Olsen has done it so far, this year.

 

It's WAY TOO EARLY TO EVALUATE THIS TRADE.

 

Maybin is 21 years old. Miller is 22 years old. Wait at least 2-3 YEARS...then evaluate.

 

Also, I think Badenhop has good stuff, and could develop into a good end of the rotation starter for us. He showed some flashes today, and I think he has a very good sinker. Don't give up on him, either, just yet.

 

Agreed.

 

Also, Badenhop had few pitches today that were downright filthy.

if they dont send him down im gonna be so pissed. tonight 7 innings 1 er 0 bb's. this franchise is a joke if they dont bring him up and send him down. ive had enough of this sh*t. the kids terrible.

 

But if they bring up Volstad, he'll be eligible for arbitration a year before they want him to be. Its all about the $ & ?.

 

Does anyone really need to start naming names of guys we have brought up that totally destroy this theory? Or are you going to play the selective memory game just because you have an axe to grind against the FO and ownership?

and if they would start badenhops big league time, whats wrong about volstad's? exactly

 

Badenhop's chances of winding up in our rotation long-term (& thus being a $ issue) are not anywhere near Volstad's.

 

so that would mean they would rather save money than try to win more

 

Don't forget who our owner is....El Grande Cheapo :whistle

 

Guess that answers my last post.

if they dont send him down im gonna be so pissed. tonight 7 innings 1 er 0 bb's. this franchise is a joke if they dont bring him up and send him down. ive had enough of this sh*t. the kids terrible.

 

But if they bring up Volstad, he'll be eligible for arbitration a year before they want him to be. Its all about the $ & ?.

 

Does anyone really need to start naming names of guys we have brought up that totally destroy this theory? Or are you going to play the selective memory game just because you have an axe to grind against the FO and ownership?

 

Not every instance, but in this one, its pretty obvious. Miller stinks, a normal team would send him down and bring up Volstad. Instead we'll do whatever is the cheapest thing to do. Bob you need to stop your defense of the front office, no matter what, or some here will start to believe you could be an organization "plant" :whistle

and if they would start badenhops big league time, whats wrong about volstad's? exactly

 

Badenhop's chances of winding up in our rotation long-term (& thus being a $ issue) are not anywhere near Volstad's.

 

so that would mean they would rather save money than try to win more

 

Don't forget who our owner is....El Grande Cheapo :whistle

 

Guess that answers my last post.

 

Bob, once in a while you need to put down the teal colored glasses and look at reality.

Miller is just overmatched right now. They should send him down and let him rebuild his confidence. They will ruin him if they keep him here too much longer.

His next start against the Padres will probably decide if he stays up or gets sent down. If he gives up 5+ runs and can't make it to the sixth inning, I'll agree he needs to be sent down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.