Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies

Featured Replies

Unfortunately, I've already gone to the only Marlins game that I can go to (Marlins vs. Oakland, 6-3 Winning Pitcher: Nolasco). I would definately have bought one if I was still living in Florida, unfortuantely my job has taken me a loooong way away from Miami.

 

Edit: What's worse, I won't even be able to watch the entire game :(

I'm broke, but I will try to get some tickets for tomorrow.

I really do not see how this is true, but a friend of mine told me he called for Sat. tickets and that the game is expected to have over 40,000. Must be the fireworks that will go off while the sun is still up.

 

If that's true, then that's awesome. The national audience will think we draw that much on a regular basis :mis2

unless announcers let them know that this is out of place and odd.

 

Yea right. Because it is a very well kept secret that we have been in last place or near last place in attendance for YEARS.

 

But our TV ratings are so good.

i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong

 

I have a friend that works at the stadium and he said the advance word is "very good but not great" crowds expected. Something in the low 30's Friday night and mid 20's on Saturday, unless it rains.

 

That sounds closer to the truth. I never make Friday night games, even sold all mine w/parking pass. Saturday day game I will have to wait and see how things work out. Probably show up late and toss some Philly fans out of my seats. The wife won't be there but I'm bringing both tickets so I don't have to sit next to some Philly fan with an attitude. But it is going to be HOT. According to the forecast, not much of a chance of rain all week end. Definetly be there Sunday in our upgraded seats. Thank the baseball gods for that 5 For Free plan. Bought that and then gave 5 of our regular Sunday tickets to the Community Foundation.

Not helping is the story on the front page of today's Miami Herald. don't go overboard with 40k, 30k would be great.

I'm broke, but I will try to get some tickets for tomorrow.

 

 

then rob someone. yes, its that important.

 

(hopefully everyone who reads this has a sense of humor and realizes i am only kidding about the robbery part)

where is the national broadcast? I watch all my games on MLB.TV but was trying to find the TV schedule and I can't find them

Not helping is the story on the front page of today's Miami Herald. don't go overboard with 40k, 30k would be great.

That story by Barry Jackson was a weak and superficial article. It has no depth and does not provide the unknowing with any balance of the situation. It's like Barry wrote the article as a Braman employee.

Not helping is the story on the front page of today's Miami Herald. don't go overboard with 40k, 30k would be great.

That story by Barry Jackson was a weak and superficial article. It has no depth and does not provide the unknowing with any balance of the situation. It's like Barry wrote the article as a Braman employee.

 

 

Ugh, that story was in the Bradenton Herald today too. The headline was "Gone fishing for Marlins...fans." I'm so sick of this. There's nothing I can do about it because I haven't lived in South Florida since 1990. I'd have season tickets if I still lived there...bad weather and all. It kills me that I can't help attendance. I want to see 30,000 on FOX for the Saturday game.

 

The last Marlins home game I was able to attend was around this time last summer with my dad. It was a Super Saturday and the crowd was almost reminiscent of Marlins attendance of the early to mid 90s...but of course, it was because of Barry Bonds.

 

It's just infuriating because they're such a fun team to watch, especially at home there's always a chance to see a walk-off. Please, if you live in South Florida, find a way to get to the games this weekend...this is a crucial time to prove Braman and all the haters wrong.

I think anyone who expects 30,000 on friday and 40,000 on saturday is crazy. Obviously I hope that is the case, I jsut dont expect it.

 

A mid 20's crowd and a mid 30's crowd on saturday would be fine and actually realistic.

ya think I can just show up to the stadium and get tickets?

 

:lol

 

Keep in mind, this is still Dolphin Stadium we're talking about. I'm sure you'll be able to find a seat somewhere.

 

 

lol yeah thats true...

 

theres always an empty seat in the house

wont be supprise if fishtank is soldout that why i brought my ticket on monday last time i waited to get it their all fishtank soldout

where is the national broadcast? I watch all my games on MLB.TV but was trying to find the TV schedule and I can't find them

it fox game of week ch7 it wont able to see on MLB.TV because fox own that time slot 3:55 to 7pm

ya think I can just show up to the stadium and get tickets?

 

:lol

 

Keep in mind, this is still Dolphin Stadium we're talking about. I'm sure you'll be able to find a seat somewhere.

 

There's always room. Any way they open the upperdeck for a regular season game? I mean the oufield upper deck. Doubt we even need it, but just asking

lol yeah thats true...

 

theres always an empty seat in the house

wont be supprise if fishtank is soldout that why i brought my ticket on monday last time i waited to get it their all fishtank soldout

where is the national broadcast? I watch all my games on MLB.TV but was trying to find the TV schedule and I can't find them

it fox game of week ch7 it wont able to see on MLB.TV because fox own that time slot 3:55 to 7pm

ugh, and I won't get it because my location gets basically every cubs, red sox, yankees game.

i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong

 

I have a friend that works at the stadium and he said the advance word is "very good but not great" crowds expected. Something in the low 30's Friday night and mid 20's on Saturday, unless it rains.

 

 

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would expect more people on Saturday...

i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong

 

I have a friend that works at the stadium and he said the advance word is "very good but not great" crowds expected. Something in the low 30's Friday night and mid 20's on Saturday, unless it rains.

 

 

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would expect more people on Saturday...

Day/Afternoon games always hurt the attendance.

where is the national broadcast? I watch all my games on MLB.TV but was trying to find the TV schedule and I can't find them

 

Only 11 % of the country is seeing our game, so it may be on FOX but it is the # 3 of the 3 games they are showing. By the way, McCarver will be doing the color not Tommy so expect a lot of cutting nasty remarks directed towards Marlins, and especially poor Dan Uggla. :confused

i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong

 

I have a friend that works at the stadium and he said the advance word is "very good but not great" crowds expected. Something in the low 30's Friday night and mid 20's on Saturday, unless it rains.

 

 

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would expect more people on Saturday...

 

Not in that heat.....are you kidding ? :thumbdown

where is the national broadcast? I watch all my games on MLB.TV but was trying to find the TV schedule and I can't find them

 

Only 11 % of the country is seeing our game, so it may be on FOX but it is the # 3 of the 3 games they are showing. By the way, McCarver will be doing the color not Tommy so expect a lot of cutting nasty remarks directed towards Marlins, and especially poor Dan Uggla. :confused

McCarver and Buck were both very nice to Danny after the 3rd error. As much as I hate the both of them, they didn't bury him.

even contcert wont bring big crowd because of weather been hot like today it was 91 outside let hope we donot get more 3:55game but if stay close we could see more 3:55pm

i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong

 

I have a friend that works at the stadium and he said the advance word is "very good but not great" crowds expected. Something in the low 30's Friday night and mid 20's on Saturday, unless it rains.

 

 

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would expect more people on Saturday...

Day/Afternoon games always hurt the attendance.

 

 

ahh ok, didn't realize it was a day game, thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.