One scout's view on Marlins trade bait.

mountainfish

This sounds like a load of crap to me. It reminds me of some analysis's (sp) that we have seen some of our younger posters write on here. There is no way that we have that much baggage on this team. Beinfest and the rest of the F.O. deserve way much more credit than this scout is giving them.

I am glad somebody else finally makes an article about Hermida's lack of hustle. Took enough goddamn time, we've seen that kind of lack of hustle for 2 years, and that was my main argument when i said Hermida had little trade value at this point

This sounds like a load of crap to me. It reminds me of some analysis's (sp) that we have seen some of our younger posters write on here. There is no way that we have that much baggage on this team. Beinfest and the rest of the F.O. deserve way much more credit than this scout is giving them.

Your misconstruing this all. The Marlins usually bait other teams into believing their players are better than they actually are. That is exactly what they are doing with Hermida, and the reason 4 teams are already interested in him. The Uggla assessment is exactly right, his power as a 2nd baseman more than makes up for his bad contact rating and high K #'s.

Yawn.

Gregg is going to be a Type A free agent for your team, and be more than an adequate reliever. Willingham and Jacobs are more than adequate power bats to platoon around. Olsen, he actually likes and he sucks. Why would we trade Amezaga for a little relief pitcher when the organization views him as the heart of the team. And then Hermida. We'll see how he shows up.

The scout isn't saying all these guys are being traded, he is a scout for another team who is saying these are the guys who he feels might be on the block (he is right) and what he thinks about them.

"Amezaga is an interesting guy, too. It sounds like they'll get rid of him to save some money there and turn the utility job over to (Robert) Andino. There will be some dropoff but Andino's a good athlete."

What does he mean "sounds like". Berardino makes it sound like this guy has inside information from the FO.

Talked with a veteran scout this week about the Marlins' cache of potential trade targets. The scout, who has been in contact with his team's upper management about the trade market, did not sound overly impressed with what the Marlins might have to offer.

Up until now, I had heard all the other guys mentioned but not really Amezaga.

and what exactly is an opposing team's scout's motivation for talking UP our players? To increase the value his team would have to pay to get our guys?

I call shenanigans. Getting the scout to talk about who is on the block is one thing, I would imagine every team would know who we say we'd move... but getting a legit opinion given to the opposing team's writer is something else

That's just means another teams FO feels that Amezaga might be on the block. And if I remember correctly, I heard somewhere that we was for the right price, just like any other arbi guy on the team. It would have to be a VERY large return for us the trade him though.

relative to Amezaga... we're not talking Salty+other prospect... I think

That's just means another teams FO feels that Amezaga might be on the block. And if I remember correctly, I heard somewhere that we was for the right price, just like any other arbi guy on the team. It would have to be a VERY large return for us the trade him though.

relative to Amezaga... we're not talking Salty+other prospect... I think

Right.

If the Marlins were to trade Amezaga this would be the right moment, Beinfest is listening to all offers if this unnamed scout has mentioned Amezaga's name it's because there is some sort of conversations being kicked around. I would not be surprised Amezaga would be included in some trade package. He has value...value that can be used to obtain quality in return. This isn't a video game if a team wants good players they have to give up as much

That's bs if you think that we gonna trade them. That's what scouts do. They scout the good players, judge them, and then tell the GMs to either go after them or stay away from them. Just because they say that Amezaga is great doesn't mean that they are gonna get them. It just means that they recognize his talent and are somewhat interested in him. Also, just because other teams are interested in him and that he may have some value doesn't mean that we gonna trade him. We're gonna definitely keep him. End of story.

That's bs if you think that we gonna trade them. That's what scouts do. They scout the good players, judge them, and then tell the GMs to either go after them or stay away from them. Just because they say that Amezaga is great doesn't mean that they are gonna get them. It just means that they recognize his talent and are somewhat interested in him. Also, just because other teams are interested in him and that he may have some value doesn't mean that we gonna trade him. We're gonna definitely keep him. End of story.

I agree and disagree. The bolded part is the disagree, because every player is tradeable. So the finality of your statement is false.

I agree with the scouts part. That's exactly what part of their job is. I was talking to a Dodgers scout before one of the games this year. He couldn't say enough good things about Cody. It's just about all he wanted to talk about. That dosen't mean the Dodgers are going to be coming with guns blazing to get a trade.

If we want this team to get better somebody has to be traded. The only players not available under any cicumstance are JJ, Nolasco, Volstad and maybe Miller. Everyone else is game. BTW I didn't mention Hanley Ramirez because he is the soul of the lineup...No chance in hell he will be traded. Amezaga is not in that category

I'm assuming you're referring to the ML roster only. In that case, Maybin is also not available. Probably not Lindstrom, either.