Popeye in right field ...

cornfield

I don't think he will improve his HR's, the max he could hit imo is 25. But the thing that he will improve the most is his K's and with that will come better avg. Having him in RF will also allow us to judge his arm strength as he prevents batters to hit for doubles. I say this because a lot of people seem to dought his arm strength. This would also be a perfect time to put Hermida in LF since he seem to run slow in RF and trade Hammer in a package. IMO

I like Cody Ross guys, but as a role player, I want someone else starting.

He's not a role player. He's a starter and he proved that this year.

Agreed.

Word, and I still haven't given up hope on germ (hermida). I think he could get better, but if he doesn't by the mid to end of this season, kick the kid out. He wasn't awful in '07, so maybe he still has some sort of potential???

Agreed.

Word, and I still haven't given up hope on germ (hermida). I think he could get better, but if he doesn't by the mid to end of this season, kick the kid out. He wasn't awful in '07, so maybe he still has some sort of potential???

Won't his trade value be close to garbage by then?

Agreed.

Won't his trade value be close to garbage by then?

No.

Agreed.

Just nitpicking a bit but his "wasn't awful 2007" landed him as 5th best OPS for a RF in baseball.

Agreed.

Just nitpicking a bit but his "wasn't awful 2007" landed him as 5th best OPS for a RF in baseball.

Am I noting a hint of sarcasm? There aren't enough :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead for some of the discussions of Hermida on here.

Its already a well known fact that Cody Ross will be starting in RF next season. He has the arm, and most of all he has the agility to carry himself out there. I personally feel he will be better in RF than Hermida, and I believe Hermida starts next season in left. Cody, along with Amezaga, bring a kind of spark to this team. They are the heart and soul of this team, we cannot let either of them go right now. We are serious contenders, and we need Cody if we want to win it all next season.

Agreed.

Lol, okay then. He was awesome in '07. It's one of the reasons why I'd give him another shot. I mean, unless we have reason not to, like he sucks it up in ST, or something else like that.

By the way, the person who wrote the Herm the Germ comment made me laugh. :)

So what do we have now? Popeye, Herm the Germ.... any others???