Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/20 Post Game

Featured Replies

Why did they put Paulino as No.4 hitter? I don't understand it.

 

 

Honest to God, putting Hermida against the lefty I understood less.

 

 

do we have much of a choice? who else would we put in there?

To take something positive away from tonight, Martinez did his best Burke Badenhop impression.

 

 

 

if he throws well when west goes 4 innings his next start, then id give him a try in the rotation

 

 

 

 

 

I don't think anything more needs to be said about that post.

 

 

what? obviously i was joking about the when part about west, but next time if he throws well like he did tonight id give him a try.

 

in other news, tim kurkjian just said the phrase anal retentive on baseball tonight and buck showalter looked like he felt very awkward. lol

 

 

wow...you really have a short term attention span. I mean Martinez pitches a few good innings and you want him in the rotation. Well guess what, he isn't a starter at the major league level! Hell, he really isn't a reliever at the major league level. He's only here because of injuries, there is a ZERO percent chance Martinez does anything other than relieve pitchers (not dirty ), and soon he will be in the minors.

 

 

Ya'll are f*cking crazy with how short term memory you are. I mean West is the best #5 starter we got. I don't want you all going "OMG anybody who pitches a few innings in relief can do that starting!!!" Because they aren't even close to the same. West is a good pitcher, he is just suffering rookie jitters. He will stay in the 5 spot, he will continue to be a high 4 ERA pitcher the rest of this season, and ya'll will have to live with that because nobody else you can name in our bullpen is going to put up what West is currently.

 

well, yes, i want anyone who can throw strikes and eat us some innings. west is the best # 5 starter we have? then we are seriously f***ed and you are basically proving my point that we are not a playoff team if we have him going once every 5 days.

 

 

hahahahahahah rookie jitters? please, get a grip, he is just not ready. and i really dont care about his era, even though i guarentee you he doesnt continue with a 4 era if he is in the rotation the rest of the year, because if he cant go more then 5 innings it really isnt much of a help.

  • Author

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

 

 

 

That can't be right...I mean Martinez is supposed to become the 5th starter and save our season

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

 

 

 

That can't be right...I mean Martinez is supposed to become the 5th starter and save our season

 

 

way to take words out of my mouth. i said if he continued to pitch well and west continues to be bad then we give him a shot. but no, i definitely said he will save our season because i have a different opinion then you

Why did they put Paulino as No.4 hitter? I don't understand it.

 

 

Honest to God, putting Hermida against the lefty I understood less.

 

 

do we have much of a choice? who else would we put in there?

 

 

Paulino as 4th i coul understand, he's been hitting the lefties pretty well, but imo Hermida is been sucking right and left.

 

Who would i put there? maybe Carroll, I don't know, but JH has left too many at bases lately, him I wouldn't.

Why did they put Paulino as No.4 hitter? I don't understand it.

 

 

Honest to God, putting Hermida against the lefty I understood less.

 

 

do we have much of a choice? who else would we put in there?

 

 

Paulino as 4th i coul understand, he's been hitting the lefties pretty well, but imo Hermida is been sucking right and left.

 

Who would i put there? maybe Carroll, I don't know, but JH has left too many at bases lately, him I wouldn't.

 

 

its hard to put carroll in rf when hes not in the same state as the rest of the team

Why did they put Paulino as No.4 hitter? I don't understand it.

 

 

Honest to God, putting Hermida against the lefty I understood less.

 

 

do we have much of a choice? who else would we put in there?

 

 

Paulino as 4th i coul understand, he's been hitting the lefties pretty well, but imo Hermida is been sucking right and left.

 

Who would i put there? maybe Carroll, I don't know, but JH has left too many at bases lately, him I wouldn't.

 

 

its hard to put carroll in rf when hes not in the same state as the rest of the team

 

 

He has played it before my friend.

Tell me what you consider a "playoff caliber" 5th starter is? I mean look around the league, look at the playoff contenders, their 5th starters are bad if not terrible.

 

And I guess every rookie is supposed to come into the league and post a low 3 ERA and become rookie of the year , I mean apparently if you were called up to the majors you wouldn't be nervous at all, I mean every major league has nerves made out of steel.

 

And I remember you as the guy who said West has mediocre stuff, I guess you never saw him pitch in AA and have blocked out all the good moments West has had. He has shown signs of being a good pitcher, patience is what you need, because that is exactly what this ownership intends to do. They aren't stupid and giving up on a pitcher like West because he is doing bad during his rookie year, PATIENCE, look it up in the dictionary please.

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

 

 

 

That can't be right...I mean Martinez is supposed to become the 5th starter and save our season

 

 

way to take words out of my mouth. i said if he continued to pitch well and west continues to be bad then we give him a shot. but no, i definitely said he will save our season because i have a different opinion then you

 

Yes, because doing good in mop up duty totally prepares you for being a starting pitcher.

All I've got out of this thread so far is that Martinez isn't a starter. Never will be. Period.

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dim, take a chill pill and let it be. What he said was a little off, sure, but give a guy a break.

 

 

 

This forum is no fun without calling out people for dumb statements. That is the reason I enjoy backing up the numerous dumb statements I make on this board. If you can't take the heat...become a Phillies fan.

Dim, take a chill pill and let it be. What he said was a little off, sure, but give a guy a break.

 

 

 

This forum is no fun without calling out people for dumb statements. That is the reason I enjoy backing up the numerous dumb statements I make on this board. If you can't take the heat...become a Phillies fan.

 

I was thinking Met/Yankee fan since there is a sh*tload of them, but okay.

Dim, take a chill pill and let it be. What he said was a little off, sure, but give a guy a break.

 

 

 

This forum is no fun without calling out people for dumb statements. That is the reason I enjoy backing up the numerous dumb statements I make on this board. If you can't take the heat...become a Phillies fan.

 

 

Aren't you the same guy who criticizes me for being a jackass and always using the "rolls eyes?"

And now you're doing the same crap. You like people calling others out...k, good. You're a hypocrite. (waits to be "called out")

What is up with NJ is he going on the dl?I like our lineup much better with him. Waney pitched a good game and jj decided well to have a bad game. Hopefully we bounce back against our div rivals in ATL and Anibal needs to set the tone with a good start.

Funny how NJ goes on the DL for an injury completely unrelated to any of the others in his collection. With him on the DL our season is on thin ice, unless Bonifacio turns into Ricky Henderson.

Funny how NJ goes on the DL for an injury completely unrelated to any of the others in his collection. With him on the DL our season is on thin ice, unless Bonifacio turns into Ricky Henderson.

 

NJ's not on the DL.

Tell me what you consider a "playoff caliber" 5th starter is? I mean look around the league, look at the playoff contenders, their 5th starters are bad if not terrible.

 

And I guess every rookie is supposed to come into the league and post a low 3 ERA and become rookie of the year , I mean apparently if you were called up to the majors you wouldn't be nervous at all, I mean every major league has nerves made out of steel.

 

And I remember you as the guy who said West has mediocre stuff, I guess you never saw him pitch in AA and have blocked out all the good moments West has had. He has shown signs of being a good pitcher, patience is what you need, because that is exactly what this ownership intends to do. They aren't stupid and giving up on a pitcher like West because he is doing bad during his rookie year, PATIENCE, look it up in the dictionary please.

 

 

Just to butt in here:

 

Until West learns how to better control his off speed stuff with anything resembling consistency, ML hitters are going to sit on that fastball. I have all the patience in the world, but I'm not so sure this is the right time for him to be working on that stuff at this level. Earlier in the season, yes. Or even if we were out of the race right now. Rookie year, rookie jitters, whatever. Bottom line is he is not helping the team at a time we need it the most. But evidently the coaches see something different in his off days than we see in his starts. We can only hope that carries over to his starts. Still, to me it makes the Martinez/Anibal move a head scratcher. More so knowing we have an off day Monday.

 

But I did get a chuckle out of you calling for patience. Did you forget what board you were on?

#Marlins option pitcher Cristhian Martinez to Double A jacksonville, activate Anibal Sanchez, who will start Friday in Atlanta

 

 

 

That can't be right...I mean Martinez is supposed to become the 5th starter and save our season

 

 

way to take words out of my mouth. i said if he continued to pitch well and west continues to be bad then we give him a shot. but no, i definitely said he will save our season because i have a different opinion then you

 

Yes, because doing good in mop up duty totally prepares you for being a starting pitcher.

 

 

no, but hes been better then west at aa and hes been pretty impressive in his last couple outings and most important of all, he throws strikes onsistently. west has and 38/30 k/bb ratio. that is horrible and he obviously doesnt have the control yet to pitch at this level, not to mention he doesnt have great offspeed stuff or a plus fastball.

Tell me what you consider a "playoff caliber" 5th starter is? I mean look around the league, look at the playoff contenders, their 5th starters are bad if not terrible.

 

And I guess every rookie is supposed to come into the league and post a low 3 ERA and become rookie of the year , I mean apparently if you were called up to the majors you wouldn't be nervous at all, I mean every major league has nerves made out of steel.

 

And I remember you as the guy who said West has mediocre stuff, I guess you never saw him pitch in AA and have blocked out all the good moments West has had. He has shown signs of being a good pitcher, patience is what you need, because that is exactly what this ownership intends to do. They aren't stupid and giving up on a pitcher like West because he is doing bad during his rookie year, PATIENCE, look it up in the dictionary please.

 

no, why do you continue to take words out of my mouth? he just obviously isnt ready, and he doesnt have the great stuff to make up for his bad control. and if he had such great stuff his k numbers would still be up. you are thinking of pre-surgery sean west with the great stuff, because right now he has an average fastball and poor offspeed stuff.

 

and you are using the he has shown signs excuse? first off he did that a couple months ago and why cant i use the same excuse for christian martinez?

 

and i know what patience is, that is why i am saying we should send him down and work on his stuff in the lower levels to be more sharp when he comes up next time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.