5/1 Post Game

gizmo

No better way to start May than with a W.

Cantu homered and got 2 RBI's as well. He is on fire.

And....did the Marlins actually have a crowd tonight?Like near 35,000? Concert?

No it was University of Miami family night, I guess Willy Chirino in concert draws a couple thousand aswell.

FOTG definitely goes to Volstud. CG 4 Hits 1 Run and he went 2-3.

I've not been impressed with Volstad this year, but he clearly elevated his game tonight and hopefully this is the start of him really getting over what has kind of been a sophomore slump. This is what we need to start turning the ship around before it ever falls way out of it in the first place.

No it was University of Miami family night, I guess Willy Chirino in concert draws a couple thousand aswell.

I doubt the UM thing brings too many people. IIRC it's for faculty and staff only, and since the school only has 10k students and far fewer faculty, I'd be surprised if it added more than a few thousand attendees. I certainly could be wrong, though.

I doubt the UM thing brings too many people. IIRC it's for faculty and staff only, and since the school only has 10k students and far fewer faculty, I'd be surprised if it added more than a few thousand attendees. I certainly could be wrong, though.

Don't forget alumni and alumni businesses, vendors wishing to ingratiate themselves with their UM clients, the School of Medicine staff and again vendors, government liaisons, the list is endless. UM night I believe has been historically a big event generator.

Don't forget alumni and alumni businesses, vendors wishing to ingratiate themselves with their UM clients, the School of Medicine staff and again vendors, government liaisons, the list is endless. UM night I believe has been historically a big event generator.

Got home too late to make this game. But in the past they have opened a gate just for them to enter, given out hot dogs and sodas at the top of the ramp on the 100 level, and had them mainly sitting in the 400 section. It is a pretty big draw for them.

Volstad now has 4 quality starts out of 5 this season. Take out his Colorado game and his ERA is now under 3. Was also nice to see Hanley flash some power and get his average back up to .300

Oh and stretching back to last season, Cantu now has 54 RBI in his past 54 games

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.