Talking over the National Anthem

letsgomarlins

Hi Rich & Tommy,

We love listening to the both of you, Rich and Tommy, but we don't understand why Craig Minervini and Jeff Conine talk when the National Athem is being sung. Isn't this rude? Especially on Memorial Day....

Time is money, and who cares.

Not really sure why you're addressing Rich & Tommy on these forums, but personally, your concern was not lost on me.

When there isn't a marlins game on TV I flip around to WGN and I sometimes find a Cubs (or rarely a White Sox) game. One thing I've noticed about WGN is that they broadcast the National Anthem, the first pitch, and even the 7th Inning stretch all on TV. I personally like it a lot, granted I know the cubbies usually have a celebrity involved in all these things, and I wouldn't mind if the Marlins broadcast did the same thing.

I was pretty surprised when I was over in the States at a Rays game last summer how basically everything stops completely for the national anthem. Like I was in the process of handing money over at one of the food places inside the stadium for my chicken strips when the staff stopped serving for a couple of minutes lol

I was pretty surprised when I was over in the States at a Rays game last summer how basically everything stops completely for the national anthem. Like I was in the process of handing money over at one of the food places inside the stadium for my chicken strips when the staff stopped serving for a couple of minutes lol

Personally, I like the Chicago Blackhawk way of doing the national anthem:

A bar I go to in Boston rings a bell and everyone stands up and takes off their hats while they play the national anthem on TV. I think pretty cool, other than the fact its the Sox on TV and not the Marlins.

I have no idea where the whole taking off your hat thing came from.

He thinks it's pretty ridiculous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKOVFyd3nc

I know some of you will take this as "Anti-American" or whatever, but the national anthem should be done away with.

Do you have a reason?

1. It's an annoying song

2. If I was a vet or someone killed in action, I wouldn't care if people sang it or not

3. Some religions prohibit saluting flags, so those who can't do it are made to feel like they're being disrespectful

4. People need to stop worrying about nationalities and religions and just being one human race

I know some of you will take this as "Anti-American" or whatever, but the national anthem should be done away with.

Do you have a reason?

1. It's an annoying song

2. If I was a vet or someone killed in action, I wouldn't care if people sang it or not

3. Some religions prohibit saluting flags, so those who can't do it are made to feel like they're being disrespectful

4. People need to stop worrying about nationalities and religions and just being one human race

Wow. Speechless.

There fixed it.

Do you have a reason?

1. It's an annoying song

Wow. Speechless.

Yeah... I mean, I've got nothing.

Do you have a reason?

1. It's an annoying song

:blink:

Do you have a reason?

1. It's an annoying song

If these are the best reasons you can come up with, considering the first two are personal opinions and 3 and 4 contradict each other, I think it's safe to say the National Anthem is here to stay.

A bar I go to in Boston rings a bell and everyone stands up and takes off their hats while they play the national anthem on TV. I think pretty cool, other than the fact its the Sox on TV and not the Marlins.

I have no idea where the whole taking off your hat thing came from.

He thinks it's pretty ridiculous http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKOVFyd3nc

Its a sign of respect.

You take your hat off if being introduced to someone, especially a lady.....

You take your hat off when a funeral cortege passes by....

You take your hat off when the flag is presented (and that is when the national anthem is played).

I can't believe people on here are defending the rudeness of what I have seen too. I have seen this happen this year a number of times and found it rude when watching Conine and Minervini/Forte/Allison host before the games.

Its just another sign of the moral decay in our society and seems to be more prevelant in South Fla than other places where, shall we say, allegiance to the USA is not as heartfelt as say in St. Louis where its more "real" America.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.