Tigers' Armando Galarraga

Beetle

What a travesty for Armando Gallaragga, I usually don't like to call for Umpire suspensions for situations like this, but the ump needs to be suspended. It's unfortunate, but you can't ruin a perfect game on that call.

was watching that last inning on mlb.tv, center fielder made a fantastic catch in the 9th for the first out.

Sat there watching and I couldn't believe my eyes when the ump called him out. Only possibility I'm thinking is maybe he thought the ball was bobbled?

I mean he pretty clearly beat the runner. Not even really one of those bang-bang plays.

Holy blown call. Unbelievable.

Guest Guest

:lol

Usually if the runner is safe on the 27th out, he's called out.

He was CLEARLY safe.

I've never seen anything like this in baseball.

Im so upset by this. To me, its such an obvious blown call that there has to be something done here. Id hate to start reversing calls but its so f'n obvious that Galarraga pitched a perfect f'n game! If ever in history there was a chance to reverse a call... THIS IS IT! Its not like this one play decides the division or the playoffs, or scores a run. Galarraga went and pitched the 28th out anyways, so, to me,, its just a formality... they need to reverse this. Leyland must protest this game and something has to be done about this horrific error by Jim Joyce.

I dont understand how Leyland and Galarraga can let this go by.

Guest Guest

WTFFFF... I was listening in the 9th inning, I can't believe what was being said. Any1 has video of that call?

Turn on MLB Network.

Joyce is going to be Steve Bartman-ed because of this.

There were no other runners anywhere else on the field, how about the other umps maybe getting together with him to clarify?? I know that's one of those things you just don't do, but my god if I'm the home plate ump or at 2B and I see that, I mean why not walk over there and ask him "hey was that an issue of a bobbled ball maybe? because from our angle he was clearly out."

Im so upset by this. To me, its such an obvious blown call that there has to be something done here. Id hate to start reversing calls but its so f'n obvious that Galarraga pitched a perfect f'n game! If ever in history there was a chance to reverse a call... THIS IS IT! Its not like this one play decides the division or the playoffs, or scores a run. Galarraga went and pitched the 28th out anyways, so, to me,, its just a formality... they need to reverse this. Leyland must protest this game and something has to be done about this horrific error by Jim Joyce.

I dont understand how Leyland and Galarraga can let this go by.

I agree, they must reverse this. Then, construct the same atmosphere with every1 that was present so they can witness history in the making.

I mean... Can you just imagine if you're a fan, you will most likely never witness a no-hitter let alone a perfect game.

We have first hand experience to something like this. Anibal Sanchez's NO HITTER, the last out being by Eric Byrnes. I have seen the replays and he was out, but that play was a bang bang play, and in the situation the referee HAS to give the guy going for history the benefit of the doubt on the call. The funny thing about this play was it really wasn't bang bang, he was out by a good foot. Just an absolute shame and complete embarrassment for baseball today.

This is so out there and so embarrassing, it almost feels like Joyce wanted to be a total d*** and call it safe to piss somebody off! That play was such a joke... this absolutely cannot stand! In my eyes, hell in EVERYONES eyes... Galarraga just pitched a perfect game and it was literally robbed from him!

And there isnt a precedent for this being reversed but this needs to be done! reversing it doesnt even change the result of the game in any way. All it does is reward Galarraga with what he so rightfully earned! This is clear as day to me! Expect a huge uproar in Detroit... maybe even in Cleveland... and expect big trouble for Joyce.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.