Team Has Closed Door Meeting

canada-marlin24

We continue to lose.

Honestly, I don't even know what to say. We can promote/demote whoever we'd like, but it's not a matter of one player (outside the bullpen) performing terribly, it's a matter of most of the team slightly underperforming and therefore translating into terrible baseball all around. I just don't think an in-house move (like the ones the Marlins have been making left and right these last few days) is going to help; they need outside help, but where the hell are we going to find that?

I know the Marlins won 2 of 3 against the Rays recently, but the Marlins will have a tough time facing Tampa this weekend considering they have the best record in baseball. If the Marlins somehow lose 2 of 3 (or more) to Baltimore, I think Fredi might lose his job.

As bad as fredi is sometimes, there is nothing he can do with this bullpen and I would actually feel bad for the position beinfest and hill have put him in, but Bobby v would make me happy

I know the Marlins won 2 of 3 against the Rays recently, but the Marlins will have a tough time facing Tampa this weekend considering they have the best record in baseball. If the Marlins somehow lose 2 of 3 (or more) to Baltimore, I think Fredi might lose his job.

As bad as fredi is sometimes, there is nothing he can do with this bullpen and I would actually feel bad for the position beinfest and hill have put him in, but Bobby v would make me happy

And as much as I wanted Fredi to succeed earlier in the season, I think a coaching change could work as a waking call.

But I thought Beinfest was the bestest most greatestest GM ever ? :whistle

Finally some on this board are seeing the light. Its the front office that needs clearing more than anything else. Jocketty is doing wonders in Cincinnati with about the same resources that Beinfest has had. Yet some here still think Beinfest is a god.

Finally some on this board are seeing the light. Its the front office that needs clearing more than anything else. Jocketty is doing wonders in Cincinnati with about the same resources that Beinfest has had. Yet some here still think Beinfest is a god.

Same resources? Really? Compare payrolls.

Beinfest still is one of the best. He has made us contenders for years with no money, he just put togetherva bad bullpen this year

Apparently Collins is very good at inspiring people and motivating them. He made a speech at the beginning of ST that gave guys chills from what I read.

Anyway we can have all the closed door meetings we want, I don't think its gonna make the pen perform better or guys hit better. We need a wake up call and that wake up call would be firing Fredi.

And those 2 wins against Tampa are our only wins in the last 10 games.

Guest Guest

In this situation, I think batting order adjustment is only option for changing, as you seen 2-time DFA'd Mike Lamb was promoted again.

#1Hanley-#2CC-#3Gaby

I'll strongly recommand it.

Coghlan and Gaby have been getting the job done. I'd shuffle the 3-7 hitters before I would move Hanley to lead off.

If the Marlins spent their baseball welfare & national TV money on some players they could have the same payroll. But Loria just pockets it and expects to win. That doesn't happen easily unless you have a GM that can turn the trick. Beinfest is out of tricks....he has no Cabrera left to get some prospects back from. That means you got to spend some of that national TV money & revenue sharing for a change.

The chances of a post-season bid are practically nil, and now should be the time you are looking for 2012 and the team you put together for the new stadium. Honestly do you see that happening right now ? I see a front office scrambling, rearranging players hoping one day one of them will explode.

Anyone now think it was a great decision to pass on Heyward to take Dominguez and then Stanton ? Hmmmmm Heyward just hit # 11 tonight :whistle

Beinfest still is one of the best. He has made us contenders for years with no money, he just put togetherva bad bullpen this year

Contenders ? When ? When we finished in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place in our division ? You don't play the game to be contenders. Ask Uggla if he is happy being a contender or does he want to be a winner ??? Like Herm Edwards said "you play to win the game". You don't play to be 2nd best.

Bottom line is the ownership needs to be upfront & honest with the fans now since we are paying the bulk of the stadium costs. They owe it to us. Stop the crying poormouth and spend some money and make this team a winner. The cheap act from Loria is getting quite old. Either you have the money to run an MLB team or you don't. If you don't then get out and let someone with deep enough pockets do it.

If the Marlins spent their baseball welfare & national TV money on some players they could have the same payroll. But Loria just pockets it and expects to win. That doesn't happen easily unless you have a GM that can turn the trick. Beinfest is out of tricks....he has no Cabrera left to get some prospects back from. That means you got to spend some of that national TV money & revenue sharing for a change.

The chances of a post-season bid are practically nil, and now should be the time you are looking for 2012 and the team you put together for the new stadium. Honestly do you see that happening right now ? I see a front office scrambling, rearranging players hoping one day one of them will explode.

Anyone now think it was a great decision to pass on Heyward to take Dominguez and then Stanton ? Hmmmmm Heyward just hit # 11 tonight :whistle

Ok, MUNGO.

Loria "pockets the money," how the hell is that Beinfest fault? Beinfest doesn't have many "resources." I'm sure if he had his choice, he'd have the money to go out and sign some relievers.

I know you're Mungo because only Mungo would look back at every single draft to point out all of the mistakes of the crapshoot event. Hey, how about Josh Johnson in the 4th round? Horrible! :rolleyes:

It is very possible Heyward would have gone to college if we took him.

Not very. For all of Loria's faults he has always made fair offers to his 1st round picks. I just don't see Heyward turning down the multi-millions we would have offered him.

You do know Matt Dominguez is doing well, right? Like, he's arguably our best prospect doing well. Just admit you're Mungo, and I'll stop wasting my time.

Not very. For all of Loria's faults he has always made fair offers to his 1st round picks. I just don't see Heyward turning down the multi-millions we would have offered him.

It's well known that he would only play for the Braves. If any other team picked him, he'd go to college instead.

Ok, MUNGO.

Loria "pockets the money," how the hell is that Beinfest fault? Beinfest doesn't have many "resources." I'm sure if he had his choice, he'd have the money to go out and sign some relievers.

I know you're Mungo because only Mungo would look back at every single draft to point out all of the mistakes of the crapshoot event. Hey, how about Josh Johnson in the 4th round? Horrible! :rolleyes:

Who is Mungo ? I post here and at ThePhins.com under this name, and have posted there for years. I was invited to another Marlins board "Black & Teal" by Mainge from the Dolphins board and then I heard of this one from there.

I talk about Heyward because Beinfest said recently he didn't take Heyward because they knew they were gonna take Stanton in the 2nd (which is dumb because how do you know he would be there and then if you lose both of them you are in deep crappola).

If Beinfest was one of the best, then why stick with the Marlins where you know you can't win ? I don't think Beinfest is as coveted by other teams as you might think.

It's well known that he would only play for the Braves. If any other team picked him, he'd go to college instead.

Until those multi-millions would have been shoved under his nose. Then I bet he says where my mitt & ball cap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.