Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2 Wild Cards per League in 2012

Featured Replies

is it just me or is anyone who's not a fan of an AL East or NL East team not give a sh*t about this?

it seems like the Central and the West in both leagues are wide open every year. the East is always tight. ESPECIALLY the next few seasons. yeah Boston's got some hot sh*t, but NY's offense scores 10 runs a game. and yeah the Phillies are hot sh*t, but the Braves + the Fish are going to give them a run for their money.

i can't wait for 2012.

 

just thinking out loud while the offseason's dead

poptart--were you drunk when you posted ?? There is absolutely nothing on the internet supporting this.

poptart--were you drunk when you posted ?? There is absolutely nothing on the internet supporting this.

 

 

I'm blaming the influence of our favourite San Fran man

poptart--were you drunk when you posted ?? There is absolutely nothing on the internet supporting this.

 

 

I'm blaming the influence of our favourite San Fran man

 

:lol:beer:cheers

There's been nothing but speculation at this point, but I think many writers are believing that this should and will happen.

  • Author

poptart--were you drunk when you posted ?? There is absolutely nothing on the internet supporting this.

 

.....hahahahahahahaha

Hey Poptart you and I must be hanging out at the same watering holes lately!

 

200 miles is along way to go just for a drink.

 

 

 

 

 

I don't think of the NL East as hopeless. Not even close to the AL East anyway.

 

BTW: Whatever happened to the Mets? I don't think I've heard anything from that team this off season. They still exist don't they?:mischief

The NL East definitely has more balance that the AL East that is basically two divisions in one.

 

Anyways, I'd hate the 2 Wild Card idea cuz to me, more playoff teams cheapens the playoff field. BUT, with that said, when I first heard of this idea, the first thought I had was... that the Marlins are clearly the type of team that would greatly benefit from this playoff format. In past years we are often that borderline team that just misses out in mid-September. I'm not a fan of 2 WC teams, but I'd imagine it'd be a huge help to the Marlins each year.

 

But then again... thats my problem... as much as it sucks to miss the playoffs, I don't want "help" to get there. I wanna get in as one of 8 and be proud that we made it. Not as one of 10 and thinking that we just barely snuck it.

If there are 2 Wildcard teams, they're probably going to have them face off in a 1 game elimination series, which I am really not down for. I'm going to cry if the Marlins make it to the playoffs for one game. Just the thought of it makes me want to die.

I don't think so. It wouldn't be worth adding a 2nd wild card if they did that. Maybe they'll do it like the NFL playoffs.

I don't think so. It wouldn't be worth adding a 2nd wild card if they did that. Maybe they'll do it like the NFL playoffs.

 

 

Yea, but what happens then? One team will be left out of the first round. I don't think the MLB will stand around for that.

 

I don't know anything about the NFL, but the only other scenario I could think of is delaying the playoffs for a bit so the 2 WC teams fight it out. That wouldn't work either because they're trying to shift the baseball season back and that would eat up another week.

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

is it just me or is anyone who's not a fan of an AL East or NL East team not give a sh*t about this?

it seems like the Central and the West in both leagues are wide open every year. the East is always tight. ESPECIALLY the next few seasons. yeah Boston's got some hot sh*t, but NY's offense scores 10 runs a game. and yeah the Phillies are hot sh*t, but the Braves + the Fish are going to give them a run for their money.

i can't wait for 2012.

 

just thinking out loud while the offseason's dead

 

 

NL Central teams should be happy, considering they play at a competitive disadvantage every year so that the commissioner's former team can make more revenue.

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

 

Back down to a 154 or something?

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

 

Back down to a 154 or something?

They certainly can't just make the playoffs longer an extend it into Winter.

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

 

Back down to a 154 or something?

They certainly can't just make the playoffs longer an extend it into Winter.

Eh, what's 3 more games?

Sure they could!

 

And also if they made it a 3 game series, who would get home field? Wild Card 1?

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

 

Back down to a 154 or something?

They certainly can't just make the playoffs longer an extend it into Winter.

Eh, what's 3 more games?

Sure they could!

 

And also if they made it a 3 game series, who would get home field? Wild Card 1?

I would assume the team with the better record or better head to head record.

I think the rumor is that they'd cut the regular season down some games, and the wildcard teams would play a 3 game series. I could be wrong, though.

 

Back down to a 154 or something?

They certainly can't just make the playoffs longer an extend it into Winter.

Eh, what's 3 more games?

Sure they could!

 

And also if they made it a 3 game series, who would get home field? Wild Card 1?

I would assume the team with the better record or better head to head record.

Head to Head would most likely be used for tiebreaker scenarios.

And also, if it were a 3 game series, would all 3 games be played in 1 location?

I think its just the right length. How can you guys call yourselves Marlins fans and say the playoffs are too long?

Totally in favor of adding another wild card. It's been needed for years.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.