Murphy winning 3B job

Hammerhead

JUPITER, Fla. -- When Spring Training began, the Marlins were skeptical that Donnie Murphy's right wrist would be healthy by the start of the season.

Not only has he defied the odds and rebounded quickly from wrist surgery, Murphy now is the front-runner to be the Marlins' Opening Night starter at third base.

"What we've seen from Murph, we're very close to saying, 'Yeah, he should be the guy,'" manager Edwin Rodriguez said.

Murphy dislocated his wrist on Sept. 1, 2010, and he underwent surgery a day later. At the start of Spring Training, the club expected to ease him back into playing shape.

They didn't expect him to be game-ready so quickly, and now he is on the verge of being in the starting lineup when the Marlins play host to the Mets on Friday night at Sun Life Stadium.

Murphy made a statement on Sunday in Florida's 6-5 win over the Nationals in Viera, Fla. In the field, he showed his range by robbing Wilson Ramos of a hit. On the play, Murphy dove to the shortstop side to snare a ground ball and threw across the diamond for the out.

At the plate, he went 1-for-4, and he's hitting .255 in Grapefruit League play.

Murphy's offense isn't a concern, but the team has been evaluating how he will play third base on a regular basis.

Rodriguez added that he'd like to see Emilio Bonifacio and Greg Dobbs at third. Bonifacio is expected to be used more in a super-utility role. Dobbs, a non-roster invitee, is likely making the team as a lefty hitter off the bench.

Entering Spring Training, prospect Matt Dominguez was the front-runner to win the job, but he was sent to Minor League camp last week.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110328&content_id=17159106&vkey=news_fla&c_id=fla

Rodriguez added that he'd like to see Emilio Bonifacio and Greg Dobbs at third

So. we already know he lies routinely about minor injuries when there's no reason to do so

He even lies about minor sh!t like why JJ didn't face the Nats.

Then there's this ridiculous Boni-love in the face of all reason.

I'm liking Edwin less and less by the day. I don't how it will play out over the season but I suspect that Loria is going to get tired of a BS artist who spouts nothing other than cliches when he's not outright lying.

:banghead

Surely we can do better than this, and I expect we will for '12. More probably we'll get a start on it in the second half of this year.

You haven't noticed Edwin's evasions and outright lies over the last month or so?

The Boni-love is worse if the guy is anything other than off the bench.

Which is why he's leaning towards Donnie Murphy at 3B.

Also, I haven't noticed any lies, lately. At least not about JJ. I believe he hasn't been correct at times on Sanabia's injury (although I could be wrong, not sure), but I don't recall anything about JJ.

In some article I read, Edwin OUTRIGHT DENIED that JJ wasn't starting against the Nats because they didn't want to expose him to them as he was due to pitch against them soon. He babbled on about JJ getting his pitch count up.

What a lame joke. The reporter who wrote the story had to be rolling his eyes.

Everyone knows that that's exactly why JJ didin't pitch against the Nats. If you're gonna lie, at least try to come up with some good reason.

Johnson was referring to the Marlins’ Grapefruit League game Sunday against the Washington Nationals, up the road in Viera. He was originally scheduled to start that game. But the Marlins decided to keep him under wraps since he will make his second start of the season against the Nationals.

In some article I read, Edwin OUTRIGHT DENIED that JJ wasn't starting against the Nats because they didn't want to expose him to them as he was due to pitch against them soon. He babbled on about JJ getting his pitch count up.

What a lame joke. The reporter who wrote the story had to be rolling his eyes.

Everyone knows that that's exactly why JJ didin't pitch against the Nats. If you're gonna lie, at least try to come up with some good reason.

Johnson was referring to the Marlins’ Grapefruit League game Sunday against the Washington Nationals, up the road in Viera. He was originally scheduled to start that game. But the Marlins decided to keep him under wraps since he will make his second start of the season against the Nationals.

What's the real reason? He's injured?

You don't know.

Right after he made his last Spring Training start, going 5 scoreless innings, the Marlins said he was ready for the regular season. He hasn't pitched since, so apparently the organization feels that's all he needed to get ready for the regular season.

You're making a big deal about nothing and just speculating without proof, at this point.

OK. And which I would agree with. But, reconcile that with:

Which was my original point.

OK. And which I would agree with. But, reconcile that with:

Which was my original point.

He wants to move Bonifacio around as a super-utility guy off the bench, and as a result, he will see some time at 3B. That makes sense, considering Donnie Murphy is not an everyday player.

It seems to me like the team will have four guys capable of playing 3B (Helms also included), and Edwin will use them all, depending on the daily matchups, how they're swinging the bat, etc.

He can't just stick to one option here; all of these guys are unproven. It could just mean that all of these guys will be a part of the mix at 3B, but Murphy will get more starts than the rest if his bat is respectable.

What's the real reason? He's injured? You don't know.

You're making a big deal about nothing and just speculating without proof, at this point.

Injured?

:lol

Who said anything about injured? Are you kidding?

I'm making a point about Edwin lying about totally stupid stuff that everyone knows he's lying about, yet he thinks he can pull it off. It's laughable.

Then there's Sanabia:

An earlier report indicated that Sanabia was scratched due to elbow soreness, but Rodriguez said he is simply hanging back to work on his slider with Marlins pitching coach Randy St. Claire.

That was the March 7th BS from Edwin.

Then there's reality on March 14th:

Sanabia was scratched from his last start due to a sore elbow.

Maybe this crap flies in the minor leagues, I don't know.

What's the real reason? He's injured? You don't know.

Injured?

:lol

Who said anything about injured? Are you kidding?

I'm making a point about Edwin lying about totally stupid stuff that everyone knows he's lying about, yet he thinks he can pull it off. It's laughable.

Then there's Sanabia:

An earlier report indicated that Sanabia was scratched due to elbow soreness, but Rodriguez said he is simply hanging back to work on his slider with Marlins pitching coach Randy St. Claire.

That was the March 7th BS from Edwin.

Then there's reality on March 14th:

Sanabia was scratched from his last start due to a sore elbow.

Maybe this crap flies in the minor leagues, I don't know.

I still don't know what the big deal is about the JJ thing. That could actually be the real reason.

I already mentioned the Sanabia thing which I agreed with you on, but that was just one instance.