Where's Stanton's power?

He missed practically all of Spring Training and the first week of the season. He needs the ABs right now to get his timing right. He's probably going to struggle for at least another week or so, but when he gets it going, he's going to put on some fireworks.

I'm more concerned about Hanley's power right now.

I haven't watched a ton of game - but from those that i've seen I think his power has been fine ....... he's absolutely rocketed some pitches (including on his doubles) .... it seems like timing and pitch selection is more of an issue .... you can almost see him still learning up there, he'll take a pitch that he should of released on and driven and then make up for it by reaching on one he should of just let go

I think it will improve as the season goes on ... like it did last year and like he did in the minors everytime he made the step up

He missed practically all of Spring Training and the first week of the season. He needs the ABs right now to get his timing right. He's probably going to struggle for at least another week or so, but when he gets it going, he's going to put on some fireworks.

Should we be worried ?

I'm more concerned about Hanley's power right now.

We should be REALLY worried ???

:shifty :shifty :shifty

:lol

I hope this will bury the hatchet with some of you.

Stanton crushed two balls so far. That one in Houston that was 420+ feet to dead center on the hill. Would have been gone in any other ball park, including Sunlife. Also that one in Atlanta (pretty sure) where the wind kept it in the park because he hit it so high in the air. I remember Prado was pretty much on the wall and I thought it was gone when it left the bat.

The like it's been said, his power is in his contact. Pirates are the perfect team to make contact against :lol

Stanton crushed two balls so far. That one in Houston that was 420+ feet to dead center on the hill. Would have been gone in any other ball park, including Sunlife. Also that one in Atlanta (pretty sure) where the wind kept it in the park because he hit it so high in the air. I remember Prado was pretty much on the wall and I thought it was gone when it left the bat.

The like it's been said, his power is in his contact. Pirates are the perfect team to make contact against :lol

Their pitching has actually been pretty good so far.

Their pitching has actually been pretty good so far.

Good point... but they still don't strike people out. They don't have any overpowering arms. James McDonald is a live, young arm but he has serious WHIP issues. Kevin Correia leads their team with 12 K's (though he has still been amazing) Good thing we miss him this series as he pitched yesterday. Bring on Jose Veres! haha

He also hit another one in ATL that was hit off his bat and carried over McClouth's head and onto the warning track, although it didn't catch as much air as the one he hit to left, it still was stung. Im pretty sure it sounded like his bat broke as well

He also hammered the double in game one in atlanta. I was sitting by the braves on deck circle at that game, had a perfect view of the trajectory....on second thought, there wasn't trajectory, it stayed paralell with the ground until it got to the warning track.