Clay Hensley to start Monday vs Mets

Wow I should watch what I say. I said Chris Coghlan was pissing me off at the beginning of June and now he's about to be beheaded.

Also, I might be at the game on Monday ;)

You're going to NY?

I've been in NY for the past two weeks. I'm going to Philly tomorrow morning, in fact. I'll be back on Friday.

I might also go to the August 1, 2, 3 series. That's when my flight leaves.

crap I didn't catch this or I'd have gone to the Jax game here to catch it last night, but looks like Clay pitched well.

Hensley threw 4.1 IP, 5 hits, 1 ER, 1 walk, 7 ks (72 pitches, 46 strikes)

Hand finished it off, 4.2 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 3 bb, 4 k (91 pitches, 52 strikes)

Looking forward to Hensley's game on Monday.

crap I didn't catch this or I'd have gone to the Jax game here to catch it last night, but looks like Clay pitched well.

Hensley threw 4.1 IP, 5 hits, 1 ER, 1 walk, 7 ks (72 pitches, 46 strikes)

Hand finished it off, 4.2 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 3 bb, 4 k (91 pitches, 52 strikes)

Looking forward to Hensley's game on Monday.

Seems like both pitched decently. Good sign.

It's too bad i wanted Hand to get more starts this season but it looks like we're not going to use him anymore

He's got upside, but it could negatively impact his career to be up here before he is ready. I'm positive that is why he is down there right now.

Also for those interested about Coghlan:

joecapMARLINS joe capozzi Chris Coghlan has been transfered to AA. Will play 2 to 4 games then assess where he will go next. No guarantee back to #Marlins

Nice knowing you Cogs.

we're not gunna put mike cameron out there for the rest of the season, Cogs will be back

Not so sure about that now. At first I thought they were giving him a couple starts to shake the rust off. Now I'm starting to think he will be the regular starter and Peterson will just be used off the bench to spell the OFers.

Nice outing Clay now back to the BP please....McKean is saying he want's Cameron in CF as much as possible I don't quite agree but hey he knows more baseball than anyone alive except maybe Yogi Berra

I'm interested...

Not that I think Hensley will continue to duplicate such a phenomenal performance... but why would you say 'back to the BP please'? He had limited success there and had great success as a starter tonight. Seeing that we're still 1 to 2 pitchers down in our rotation if you count Volstad/Vazquez as the quality of 1 pitcher... we need all the SP help we can get.

Nice outing Clay now back to the BP please....McKean is saying he want's Cameron in CF as much as possible I don't quite agree but hey he knows more baseball than anyone alive except maybe Yogi Berra

I'm interested...

Not that I think Hensley will continue to duplicate such a phenomenal performance... but why would you say 'back to the BP please'? He had limited success there and had great success as a starter tonight. Seeing that we're still 1 to 2 pitchers down in our rotation if you count Volstad/Vazquez as the quality of 1 pitcher... we need all the SP help we can get.

Because Clay Hensley has huge balls and closer's mentality, while Leo Nunez does not.

We're back on the whole Leo sucks train again? I mean... when the team plays good he gets the job done.

When the team can't play for sh*t, neither can he. I think that was unanimous, and not specific to Nunez alone.

Right now, Hensley is more valuable as a starter than he is as a reliever, especially if you're talking about removing Leo from his spot. Where does that leave Leo? He obviously can't start. Hensley can do both starting and relief pitching.

We're back on the whole Leo sucks train again? I mean... when the team plays good he gets the job done.

When the team can't play for sh*t, neither can he. I think that was unanimous, and not specific to Nunez alone.

Right now, Hensley is more valuable as a starter than he is as a reliever, especially if you're talking about removing Leo from his spot. Where does that leave Leo? He obviously can't start. Hensley can do both starting and relief pitching.

It was a joke. I'm sure Eddie understands.

It was a joke. I'm sure Eddie understands.

Yep that was directed at me LOL