Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

Nice that would be cool to see Entendu.. I didnt get an answer in the Clevelander thread, is the team store going to be in the outfield. If its near done I wonder if that's where they will be selling items.

They'll most likely be selling the merch on 11/11 at 11pm in the same tent that will be used for Fish N Chips the night before. It won't be in the new stadium or any store. Not done yet...

Now one guy is saying that one of the alts has 'Marlins' rather than 'Miami' on it and that two of the uniform sets have black lettering with a rainbow trim.

It seems like we've got a pretty good picture, but the minor details are just all over the place now.

This was already expressed by one of the sources weeks ago. It's not new. I actually think the details have been pretty consistent; it's just sometimes hard to keep track of it all.

Now one guy is saying that one of the alts has 'Marlins' rather than 'Miami' on it and that two of the uniform sets have black lettering with a rainbow trim.

It seems like we've got a pretty good picture, but the minor details are just all over the place now.

This was already expressed by one of the sources weeks ago. It's not new. I actually think the details have been pretty consistent; it's just sometimes hard to keep track of it all.

I don't know about consistent. I'm positive some people have said the script across the uniforms said 'Miami' exclusively.

I don't know about consistent. I'm positive some people have said the script across the uniforms said 'Miami' exclusively.

Maybe find a quote, because I distinctly remember people on that board saying that the home/road uniforms will read "Miami" but "Marlins" will be on an alternate.

EDIT:

Here's an insder's post from September:

All jerseys say Miami. Alts say Marlins. Both have Marlin silhouette.

And here's a post from a non-insider in September summing everything up:

So it's a set with home & road jerseys that says MIAMI, and a black alt & orange alt that say MARLINS, with a black hat & orange hat. It's down to how they use the wordmark & the piping.

The summation expressed in the second quote has been my understanding the entire time and I have not seen anything that contradicts it.

"For example, going with the asinine "city name on all the uniforms" dynamic like the Rangers. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing to help promote the name change."

"could't agree more. i hate when teams have their name on the road instead of the city/ state they play for, but i hate it even more when they put the city/ state on the home and all unis. why the :censored: do you need the city name ont he home unis, EVERYONE knows theyre miami, theyr eplaying in a stadium in :censored:ing miami... some desicions will never be understood. "

"i knew from the beginning they were going to put miami on the home uni too...they arent the rangers. goign to look pathetic. why even call them marlins anymore, they dont even seem to be embracing it. its like all miami, even the "marlin" in the logo looks pathetic. "

Those people are all clearly saying that the team will have 'Miami' exclusively on the uniforms.

Hopefully it's just a temporary thing to help promote the name change."

Implying that they've gone ahead and done the 'Miami' only script.

"i knew from the beginning they were going to put miami on the home uni too...they arent the Rangers..."

do you need the city name ont he home unis, EVERYONE knows theyre miami, theyr eplaying in a stadium in Miami... Some decisions will never be understood.

I don't understand what you're missing here. They're all saying that the uniforms will have 'Miami' only.

Those people are all clearly saying that the team will have 'Miami' exclusively on the uniforms.

"i knew from the beginning they were going to put miami on the home uni too...they arent the Rangers..."

do you need the city name ont he home unis, EVERYONE knows theyre miami, theyr eplaying in a stadium in Miami... Some decisions will never be understood.

I don't understand what you're missing here. They're all saying that the uniforms will have 'Miami' only.

I think he's saying that the home and road will say Miami while one or both the Alts will say Marlins

That's what I was deciphering from all the post..

I'm not really sure which part we are arguing about .

If this is your "proof" then you have terrible critical reading abilities. Those aren't the posts of insiders. Those are people bitching about "Miami" being on the home uniforms. They are saying nothing about the alternate uniforms, which is what this discussion was about in the first place.

Why can't you just admit that you might have had your facts wrong? Show me one post from someone claiming to have seen the jerseys already that claims that the alternate jerseys read "Miami."

I think he's saying that the home and road will say Miami while one or both the Alts will say Marlins

That's what I was deciphering from all the post..

I'm not really sure which part we are arguing about .

Clearly the people are bitching about the home uniforms saying Miami. They aren't saying anything about the alternates at all.

I'm not sure why Entendu is trying to say here. It doesn't make sense to me. The actual insiders have said all along that the alternate will feature the "Marlins" designation. Nothing is in contradiction.

The point I'm trying to make here is that while the insider info might have been a bit coy and discreet at times, it's been pretty reliable and consistent among all of the sources. If you follow what people on the Chris Creamer's board have been saying, there should be little surprise regarding what will be unveiled on 11/11/11.