Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

(that concept art from the Creamer board is pretty damn close to that jersey).

I don't see it. They got "Miami" and that it has the logo on the first 'M'. That's really it.

Piping is different. Appears much thicker on the real one, and not having it run down the middle makes a gigantic difference in the overall look.

The colors on the letters don’t look the same at all.

Black belt, as opposed to an orange one.

The first M is much more prominent on the 'real' one. It’s significantly bigger than the other letters, and it appears to be the only one which features numerous colors.

The logo displayed in the picture is clearly different than the one in any leaked Unis, because the orange and blue have been switched.

They really aren’t accurate.

(that concept art from the Creamer board is pretty damn close to that jersey).

I don't see it. They got "Miami" and that it has the logo on the first 'M'. That's really it.

Piping is different. Appears much thicker on the real one, and not having it run down the middle makes a gigantic difference in the overall look.

The colors on the letters don’t look the same at all.

Black belt, as opposed to an orange one.

The first M is much more prominent on the 'real' one. It’s significantly bigger than the other letters, and it appears to be the only one which features numerous colors.

The logo displayed in the picture is clearly different than the one in any leaked Unis, because the orange and blue have been switched.

They really aren’t accurate.

That dude on the creamer board made his concept based on the few details that had been leaked and the cap, so I think his mockup was pretty good considering he hadn't seen the style guide. No way he could have got all those minor details perfect.

I fail to see how that's any better than our previous uniforms, so once again, I ask "What's the point?" If they were hell-bent on getting rid of every trace of the Florida Marlins in terms of colors, logo and uniform design, I would have much preferred to have a modernized version of the original Miami Marlins look.

Anyone notice the "IAMI" in the picture looks like it's solely using Orange (instead of the Orange, Blue and Yellow in the "M") while the "IAMI" in the graphic is all blue. This identity just looks disjointed and confused, in my opinion, especially if they have different wordmarks that switch out the dominant color like that. Not gaudy and obnoxious like I was expecting, just poorly designed.

Something that so many of us wanted for so long. I am praying that these are all wrong or made up logos. But I dont think so. If so, then they did what they wanted, they created something unique and different and new. That is the problem, new and different does not mean better. It just means new. These uniforms remind me of clear pepsi that came out a few years ago. Lets be different just to be different. We just want publicity. So they take a northeasterner and let him create his "vision" of what Miami is. It represents what people all over the country and the world think Miami is. They think its an artsy, funky, beach city where south beach is the hub. Like Lebron James said, I am taking my talents to south beach. Thats what the rest of the world thinks of Miami. Thats all well and good, but Miami is not south beach, it is not a resort. It is a city filled with hard working people, that live normal lives away from art deco. It is families with kids and little league just like every other town in America. Yes, there is south beach. It is a place in Miami. But that doesnt mean that your baseball team has to represent that one aspect. Most teams choose something to represent their team that is a source of pride for their city. For instance the Phillies with the bell. Even Miami being called the Marlins, represents something very prideful about the community. But, this color scheme, the logo and the blatant marketing of Miami is too much. Your making the team and the stadium a tourist destination. That is what is insulting to me.

Something that so many of us wanted for so long. I am praying that these are all wrong or made up logos. But I dont think so. If so, then they did what they wanted, they created something unique and different and new. That is the problem, new and different does not mean better. It just means new. These uniforms remind me of clear pepsi that came out a few years ago. Lets be different just to be different. We just want publicity. So they take a northeasterner and let him create his "vision" of what Miami is. It represents what people all over the country and the world think Miami is. They think its an artsy, funky, beach city where south beach is the hub. Like Lebron James said, I am taking my talents to south beach. Thats what the rest of the world thinks of Miami. Thats all well and good, but Miami is not south beach, it is not a resort. It is a city filled with hard working people, that live normal lives away from art deco. It is families with kids and little league just like every other town in America. Yes, there is south beach. It is a place in Miami. But that doesnt mean that your baseball team has to represent that one aspect. Most teams choose something to represent their team that is a source of pride for their city. For instance the Phillies with the bell. Even Miami being called the Marlins, represents something very prideful about the community. But, this color scheme, the logo and the blatant marketing of Miami is too much. Your making the team and the stadium a tourist destination. That is what is insulting to me.

:notworthy

I'm trying to stay positive, but with each leak it becomes more difficult to do ....... i showed the grainy ticket image to my wife last night and all I got was an "i'm sorry" and "i really liked what they currently have, this seems to go in totally different direction"

I'll tune in tonight and still muster some excitement ....... however I fear that excitement will be more towards the gem of a new stadium and the team that will be playing there with fewer financial constraints while completely hanging my head over what that team is wearing

it reminds me of when the Sonics took their logo to cartoon land and introduced a strong brick red color for a couple years

Your making the team and the stadium a tourist destination. That is what is insulting to me.

so long as the tourists are coming to the ballpark and spending their money on tickets, concessions and merchandise, which goes into our coffers and makes it easier to put out a winning product.... what's the problem again?

Bring on the new unis baby... I'm ready to buy my home and my orange alts with caps to match

Is Chuck still on the air?

Is Chuck still on the air?

Yes.