TJ surgery possible for Ceda

I Love Me Some Fish

Guest Guest

Sucks for Ceda. Although I think LeBlanc was going to get the last spot anyway...

I'm fine with that, but I think I would rather have LeBlanc start the season in AAA as the 6th starter to be called up when needed.

Guest Guest

Gaudin is my least preferred option just because he sucks. I'd prefer to have WeBlanc be the 6th starter, but he might be the most viable option since Oviedo doesn't appear to be ready yet.

Guest Guest

I'd much rather go after someone who gets released after camp ends than Gaudin.

It's going to be Gaudin. He "won the job" and "nothing else matters but spring." Or something.

I'm gonna be a little more optimistic because this thread is way more negative than I expected...

If Ceda is one of those that comes back clearly stronger after this surgery, we could be looking at our definite closer of the future. And considering we've got Bell here for at least three years, this might give Ceda a grand opportunity in three years time. We'll see.

I'm gonna be a little more optimistic because this thread is way more negative than I expected...

If Ceda is one of those that comes back clearly stronger after this surgery, we could be looking at our definite closer of the future. And considering we've got Bell here for at least three years, this might give Ceda a grand opportunity in three years time. We'll see.

When guys come back "clearly stronger after [TJ] surgery," it's usually because they worked their butts off; Ceda is a guy who came into camp overweight and is generally a fatload, so I'm not optimistic that he'll be one of those guys.

Wow that's a big setback for ceda who was really starting to come around.

Could use jhan marinez right now. I too feel that Leblanc is better off starting in AAA and hopefully Nunez can clear in time as he would be the best option.

And capozzi said it doesn't appear serious.

But what does Clark Spencer say?! :lol

Wow that's a big setback for ceda who was really starting to come around.

Could use jhan marinez right now. I too feel that Leblanc is better off starting in AAA and hopefully Nunez can clear in time as he would be the best option.And capozzi said it doesn't appear serious.

But what does Clark Spencer say?! :lol

I hadn't seen him tweet for a while until today. All he tweeted about is how sh*tty Z was pitching.

I am strongly opposed to keeping LeBlanc up with the team as a reliever. Strongly.

because you want him starting in AAA so he's ready for spot starts you mean? Or something else?

doesn't really bother me if he's not starting regularly. Plus it's great to have a guy come in who can give you 3 or 4 innings on the (hopefully rare) occasion when a Zambrano or Nolasco is out of the game early, instead of killing off half the bullpen. We don't have a Hopper around anymore, and while I am not enamored with LeBlanc he could fill a role in the pen.

I don't love it but I like other options even less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.