4/13 Post Game

gizmo

I need to know what the rule is for walkoffs in terms of extra base hits. That was clearly going to be a double if not a triple, what does Gabby get credited with?

I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of what I posted in the game thread.

On a game winning hit, a batter is credited for the full number of bases only if "the batter runs out his hit." (Rule 10.06(f))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk-off_home_run

Great win!

What was the attendance? I was worried at first but man it looked great. It had to be above 30 thousand.

That's the paid attendance, I think. It definitely filled up more once the game got going, but I doubt that 30k made it through the gates judging by the TV images.

Nats just walkedoff too, blah.

They are going to surprise a lot of people.

They have been having some trouble scoring runs lately, but their pitching has been so good it doesn't matter.

I don't think many people who actually follow baseball would be surprised, they've been the sleeper pick for a lot of people to make the playoffs. Though they still are playing surprisingly well despite the injuries to Morse and Storen.

That's the paid attendance, I think. It definitely filled up more once the game got going, but I doubt that 30k made it through the gates judging by the TV images.

Yes, that's paid attendance. Max from the site was at the game and estimated about 25k in the stands which I think is probably about right based on what I could see on TV.

Yes, that's paid attendance. Max from the site was at the game and estimated about 25k in the stands which I think is probably about right based on what I could see on TV.

I think that the no-show rate is usually about 15-20%, so 25k in the stands sounds pretty right. That's not a set number, though. I think that at the old park the percentage was often much higher than that.

So we only sold 80% of the seats for the 2nd game ever in the park? I know it's the Astros, but doesn't that seem bad?

IMO, no, especially considering all the other circumstances in Miami tonight. Heat at home, Panthers playoff game at home ... *shrug*

It's still a Friday night game, no excuse for 80% attendance IMO.

So we only sold 80% of the seats for the 2nd game ever in the park? I know it's the Astros, but doesn't that seem bad?

IMO, no, especially considering all the other circumstances in Miami tonight. Heat at home, Panthers playoff game at home ... *shrug*

It's still a Friday night game, no excuse for 80% attendance IMO.

I just gave you two great ones.

Plus it's Miami.

Plus it's against the Astros.

By the way, I love the dimensions of this park. I hope they keep them the same after this season instead of moving the fences in like they did at Citi Field.

Citi required 3 years of playing before fences got moved in, so probably be the same amount of time for this park.

I'd think that the second night of the coolest ballpark ever should trump all of that. I guess I'm just not one to make excuses when it comes to attendance.

Well you simply cannot discount the fact that there were about 40,000 other sports fans buying tickets to other events going on that the same time. Not to mention that you have to add on who knows how many other local sports fans that chose to watch on TV so that they can see all 3 events at the same time on top of that number. I don't think this is an excuse for attendance...this was a legitimate reason. Having all 3 games go on at the same time in the same region hurts all 3 teams attendance wise. You don't think that of the approximately 40,000 Heat/Panthers ticket buyers, at least a few thousand of them wouldn't have chosen to attend the Marlins game last night had the other event(s) not have been taking place? I'm proof of this...I would have gone to the Marlins game, but I chose to go to the Panthers game.

Really getting tired of Hanley sucking and this park is too big, but all things considered nice win and nice to be 3-4...

Nolasco wasn't anything special.

Heath Bell?

People say Gaby is an "average" 1st baseman but he comes up with some pretty "Tebow" like clutch hits.

Fish win!

Is there a way to not read what certain posters write?

You aren't even a good troll. I feel as if you just discovered that picture recently and think it applies to you. It doesn't, honestly. Lol