Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philip Humber is Pretty Good

Featured Replies

It seems like all these no-name starting pitchers keep on throwing no-hitters...What's the deal?

 

Anyway, the most impressive part about it is that it took him just 96 pitches.

 

The least impressive part is that it was against the Mariners.

They're not a high school team.

Way to be a good sport about it Ryan.....

 

What'd he do/say?

 

Meh, he was arguing the call looking ultra pissed.

Instead of arguing the call he should of ran his ass to first, he would of made it and broken up the perfect game. Idiot.

I watched the final out. I guess nerves made Ryan swing (maybe, maybe not) at that last pitch, but that was a god awful pitch on a full count. Congrats to Philip Humber for the 22nd (ya, I said it) perfect game in history.

I just saw the replay of the final out. Wow, that was a terrible call. I know that no ump wants to be the next Jim Joyce, but there's no way that Ryan swung at that. Notice that we haven't seen the side view of the "swing."

 

This perfect game will carry an asterisk in my mind.

I just saw the replay of the final out. Wow, that was a terrible call. I know that no ump wants to be the next Jim Joyce, but there's no way that Ryan swung at that. Notice that we haven't seen the side view of the "swing."

 

This perfect game will carry an asterisk in my mind.

 

 

Watching it live I threw my hands up thinking he walked him. After watching the replay though I think he swung. Why I have no idea as it was a terrible pitch.

 

I still haven't seen a side angle view either.

I don't know. I watched the replay like 20 times and I see no sign of Ryan turning his wrists or the head of the bat entering the plane of the plate. I think that under normal circumstances that's not called by the home plate umpire 100 out of 100 times.

 

The fact that we aren't seeing the side angle tells a lot.

I watched the final out. I guess nerves made Ryan swing (maybe, maybe not) at that last pitch, but that was a god awful pitch on a full count. Congrats to Philip Humber for the 22nd (ya, I said it) perfect game in history.

 

Except I personally believe Joyce got the call right.

I'm in the very, very, very slim minority.

I watched the final out. I guess nerves made Ryan swing (maybe, maybe not) at that last pitch, but that was a god awful pitch on a full count. Congrats to Philip Humber for the 22nd (ya, I said it) perfect game in history.

 

Except I personally believe Joyce got the call right.

I'm in the very, very, very slim minority.

Wow-Never knew there were people who actually believe Joyce got the call right. I mean, from what I recall, even the runner was shocked he was called safe. If you watch the play in slow-mo & stop it as soon as the ball goes in the glove I just don't see there being any way you'd still think the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.