Stanton has MRI

Old Timer

Wow.....the bad news just keeps on coming.....

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2012/07/stanton-has-mri-on-knee-could-miss-all-star-game.html

Stanton has MRI on knee, could miss All-Star Game

MILWAUKEE -- Giancarlo Stanton says he will miss the rest of the Milwaukee series due to a sore right knee and, if he is unable to return to the linup for the weekend series in St. Louis, might not participate in either the Home Run Derby or All-Star Game.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2012/07/stanton-has-mri-on-knee-could-miss-all-star-game.html#storylink=cpy

Guest Guest

Who would be our All-Star representative if he doesn't go?

I'm not sure what the rules are for this. He's technically on the team even if unable to play but are the Marlins required to have someone suit up?

Who would be our All-Star representative if he doesn't go?

I'm not sure what the rules are for this. He's technically on the team even if unable to play but are the Marlins required to have someone suit up?

No representative, only need to have all star named for ASG, not play or even suit up. Once he's picked, the marlins no longer need to have a replacement.

If he can't play, I see Holiday taking his spot.

Searched for what loose body in knee is:

If a piece of cartilage or bone has become detached in the knee and the injury is not treated immediately, the loose part can 'swim around' in the joint. This means that it may occasionally get stuck, causing pain and a feeling that the knee is locked. The knee may also click and swell up. Such a condition is called a loose body in the knee.

If the injury is fairly recent, it is possible to put the piece back in place. More commonly, the loose body may be removed by arthroscopy.

As cartilage does not show up on an X-ray, the loose body will only be visible if it consists of bone.

Guest Guest

Look on the bright side, guys. If Stanton isn't around to whiff up a storm, teams will no longer be pitching around Hanley Ramirez!