Your Thoughts: Miami Marlins Possible Host of 2015 AllStar Game.

Since its the time of year where Allstar talk pops up and so we can get off having 5 different threads talking about the same issue, What are everyone's opinions on Miami hosting the allstar game in 2015.

Heres a Link from earlier in the year discussing it.

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120517&content_id=31557832&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

For a Recap, Mets host 2013, Twins are very likely to get 2014 however the Cubs want it for the 100th anniversary of Wrigley.

For 2015, the talk is that the Marlins, Reds and Nationals want to host a game.

Question is, what do you think are the chances that Miami host a game, Would you go to the game, or do you honestly not even care, which would be surprising.

Miami has had a team for 20 seasons now. MLB already awarded us either the 1999 or 2000 game but took it back (Selig I think said it was because of the 1997 firesale - it was to punish Huiezenga supposedly but all it did was farther alienate & punish baseball fans in South Fla). We deserve it, but sentimentality will probably make sure that Wrigley Field will host.

Miami has had a team for 20 seasons now. MLB already awarded us either the 1999 or 2000 game but took it back (Selig I think said it was because of the 1997 firesale - it was to punish Huiezenga supposedly but all it did was farther alienate & punish baseball fans in South Fla). We deserve it, but sentimentality will probably make sure that Wrigley Field will host.

Wrigley would be hosting for 2014, we're looking at 2015.

If Cubs did end up getting it, it would be for the 100 year in 2014 like Mike said. I would be surprised they go with another NL team in 2015. that would put NL games three years in a row. They have done two before back to back though so you never know.

If Cubs did end up getting it, it would be for the 100 year in 2014 like Mike said. I would be surprised they go with another NL team in 2015. that would put NL games three years in a row. They have done two before back to back though so you never know.

Minnesota 2015, Miami 2016. I'd have no problem with that at all.

This is all a non issue since the world is ending this year.

The only thing that may delay us from the 2015 date is our small capacity. I could see MLB trying to use that as an excuse do they can push some others forward.

MLB won't want to use an excuse. They want to use us as their new ballpark poster child. Believe me, there is a reason Samson keeps saying we're going to get it in 2015.

I agree. Hopefully this is what happens.

2015 there;s no doubt it either coming to Miami or Washington. Period. I 80%/20% Miami

The only "snag" could be that I believe MLB wants to use Marlins Park in the upcoming "World Baseball Classic" and if they do, they may feel that's "enough" to satisfy the fans & ownership down here.

When will they award the 2015 & 2016 games ? Because unless attendance stays up & steady, Selig could use that as an excuse to not give it to us. If they award it after this year then we'll be okay - but you can already see the attendance slipping (for good reason the team is playing crappy) this year. If we have another bad season next year I can see major problems with attendance starting next year.

2015 there;s no doubt it either coming to Miami or Washington. Period. I 80%/20% Miami

The only "snag" could be that I believe MLB wants to use Marlins Park in the upcoming "World Baseball Classic" and if they do, they may feel that's "enough" to satisfy the fans & ownership down here.

When will they award the 2015 & 2016 games ? Because unless attendance stays up & steady, Selig could use that as an excuse to not give it to us. If they award it after this year then we'll be okay - but you can already see the attendance slipping (for good reason the team is playing crappy) this year. If we have another bad season next year I can see major problems with attendance starting next year.

Selig does not want an excuse. He wants us to have it. There is no other reason that our ownership seems to be so confident that we will have it in 2015.

Then Miami should win out...new ballpark and we've had baseball longer. I believe its already been in Colorado and I know its been in Arizona, then we should be next. We've done what baseball asked of us. After Minnesota, we should be next in line, and then from the NL side Washington.

Tampa has to build a stadium, or it could be another 10-15 years before they get one.

the marlins should get in there soon ... never hosted the game, had the 2000 game moved to Atlanta and now have a showcase stadium that can provide fan comfort for the events

my brother came over with his sons last year and we attended the fan fest, HR Derby & All Star Game - was definitely worth while

I just looked it up and the last All-Star Game in Cincinnati was in 1988. They might have an argument over us. But shouldn't they have gotten one before Arizona ?

That's not how this thing works. They give priority to mostly newer teams with newer stadiums. The highest priority to teams that haven't hosted one before at all. We were going to get an ASG around 1999/2000 as mentioned, but probably due to the firesale and poor stadium Selig took it away (not to mention the ownership changes at that time). It seems like we and the Rays will be the last franchises to get an ASG, the way it's looking. But I have a feeling that Selig told Loria that he can essentially expect an ASG in the next couple of years, and they've been lobbying hard for 2015 since the stadium was nearing completion.

That wasn't the official reason. That was what everyone thought was the reason, and it probably was part of it. The official reasoning was that MLB wanted to showcase the new ball parks, so they gave it to Atlanta.

But alienate and punish baseball fans in South Florida? Really?

When will they award the 2015 & 2016 games ? Because unless attendance stays up & steady, Selig could use that as an excuse to not give it to us. If they award it after this year then we'll be okay - but you can already see the attendance slipping (for good reason the team is playing crappy) this year. If we have another bad season next year I can see major problems with attendance starting next year.Just stop.

Oh, come on. It's funny stuff. This is the guy that said Broward and PBC fans had their chance and now South Dade will show them how to attend baseball games. Now he's saying only if they are winning. I find hypocrisy very funny.