JJ Rumors

I don't know where to add this so I am making a new topic

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/blue-jays-interested-in-josh-johnson.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

The Blue Jays are interested in Marlins starter Josh Johnson, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). The Blue Jays also have interest in Hanley Ramirez, but their interest in Johnson is stronger, Morosi reports.

Johnson, 28, has a 4.14 ERA with 7.9 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 in 119 2/3 innings of work this year. The 6'7" right-hander earns $13.75MM per season in 2012 and 2013. He has a ground ball rate of 46.9% and an average fastball velocity of 93 mph, according to FanGraphs. Johnson experienced irritation on the middle finger of his pitching hand in last night's start.

The Blue Jays, now 48-47, are said to be looking for controllable starting pitching options, even after acquiring J.A. Happ. The club's injury-depleted rotation currently includes Ricky Romero, Aaron Laffey, Carlos Villanueva, Henderson Alvarez and Brett Cecil.

The Marlins are drawing interest in a number of players, including Ramirez and Johnson, after trading Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante to Detroit. They're open to moving Ramirez, but likely to keep Johnson.

Would you guys trade JJ to the Rangers for Martin Perez and Leonydas Martin?

No, Texas doesn't need help and they just gonna choke again in the World Series like the Braves did in the 90's. Texas Braves.

Colby Lewis just went down they absolutely need another starter. Idk wtf you're talking about with the rest of your post.

No, Texas doesn't need help and they just gonna choke again in the World Series like the Braves did in the 90's. Texas Braves.

Colby Lewis just went down they absolutely need another starter. Idk wtf you're talking about with the rest of your post.

I'm pointing out Texas is the new Braves. Aka..playoff and World Series chokers. Braves are known for being famous chokers in 90's and early 00's. Got all THOSE NL East titles adn for what. 1 ring...yea that's nice. Like 1-14 in the playoffs...

I'm pointing out Texas is the new Braves. Aka..playoff and World Series chokers. Braves are known for being famous chokers in 90's and early 00's. Got all THOSE NL East titles adn for what. 1 ring...yea that's nice. Like 1-14 in the playoffs...

I don't see what that has to do with anything but alright

I don't see what that has to do with anything but alright

Rather not see JJ blow it in the World Series for Texas...pretty sure they can do that for a 3rd year in a row by themselves...lets put it that way.

JJ and Hanley for Olt, Leonys MArtin, and Cody Buckel

Maybe its because i know nothing about those prospects, but sounds underwhelming. If we are combining Hanley and JJ, I would atleast like to see one proven Major leaguer.

Olt is pretty much Major league or at least AAA ready and Martin is currently playing for the rangers.

Maybe its because i know nothing about those prospects, but sounds underwhelming. If we are combining Hanley and JJ, I would atleast like to see one proven Major leaguer.

Olt is pretty much Major league or at least AAA ready and Martin is currently playing for the rangers.

What does Martin have that im not seeing? Just looking at his stats and hes not blowing up in the Majors.

What does Martin have that im not seeing? Just look at his stats and hes not blowing up in the Majors.

look at his minor league stats. center fielder hitting .344 with 7 sb's and 5 hr's in AAA before being promoted.

What does Martin have that im not seeing? Just look at his stats and hes not blowing up in the Majors.

look at his minor league stats. center fielder hitting .344 with 7 sb's and 5 hr's in AAA before being promoted.

Two words: Darrell Whitmore

You guys know if Heath B would not have sucked to bad we wouldn't even be in this situation. It's all that fat ass's fault.

Instead of collapsing early enough like we did to realize the problems this team had, we would have collapsed just over trade deadline probably and not gotten anything.

There were too many problems for this team to overcome and blaming it just on Bell is a clear oversimplification

You guys know if Heath B would not have sucked to bad we wouldn't even be in this situation. It's all that fat ass's fault.

Instead of collapsing early enough like we did to realize the problems this team had, we would have collapsed just over trade deadline probably and not gotten anything.

There were too many problems for this team to overcome and blaming it just on Bell is a clear oversimplification

So you're saying Bell actually helped us by sucking? He wanted to make sure we got better players for next year.

So you're saying Bell actually helped us by sucking? He wanted to make sure we got better players for next year.

Ha if you want to twist it into a Matrix Mindf*** kind of way.

What does Martin have that im not seeing? Just looking at his stats and hes not blowing up in the Majors.

34 ABs.

Look at his minor league career, guy. He ripped through the minors in a year and a half and had a .961 OPS before being called up. Same with Olt. Tore through the minors and has a .989 OPS in AA right now. I doubt he'd even need AAA.

I'd actually love that trade and love it a lot. Olt and Martin are friggin studs and Buckel is still developing.

Olt comes right up and plays 3B, Martin comes right up and plays CF. Two holes filled in one shot.

Do it.