JJ Rumors

• One official who spoke with the Marlins brass estimates that the odds Josh Johnson remains with Miami are "95 percent." The Red Sox, Angels, Rangers, White Sox, Blue Jays, and Royals have all checked in.
  • Carlos Lee, Ricky Nolasco, Heath Bell, and Gaby Sanchez are all very available. Other than Johnson, Giancarlo Stanton will be the toughest player to pry away from the Fish.

• One official who spoke with the Marlins brass estimates that the odds Josh Johnson remains with Miami are "95 percent." The Red Sox, Angels, Rangers, White Sox, Blue Jays, and Royals have all checked in.
  • Carlos Lee, Ricky Nolasco, Heath Bell, and Gaby Sanchez are all very available. Other than Johnson, Giancarlo Stanton will be the toughest player to pry away from the Fish.

Hoping we can get rid of Lee and one of Nolasco and Bell.

Looks like the phillies are going to hold onto Lee. Which might pressure Texas to give up olt and Perez. Get it done beinfest!!!

I gotta finish a paper due tomorrow at 10:30...I also got newspapers to fold to deliver tomorrow...maybe another blockbuster around 2:30? Maybe...maybe not...guess we all gotta stay up...

In a perfect world, I think it would be awesome if we can package a deal around JJ and others to the Rangers for Profar, Olt, and Perez. Profar should be athletic and skilled enough to be able to work on being our new 2B of the future, Olt would be our third baseman, and Perez would easily slide into our rotation. I've come to terms with letting JJ go. He's been a very servicable player in our team for the longest and I'll always keep him in a special place within me. But baseball decisions cannot be done with emotions, so it'd be best to try to get the greatest offer for JJ and let him go. At the cost of letting our beloved player, and co-face of the franchise go, the future of the team drastically increase and we would easily becoming a contender if not 2013, but definitely in 2014. We'd have enough young, and high profile prospects in our rotation (with Turner, Eovaldi, and Perez) along with a proven Buerhle and a FA Aquisition to go with using the money saved from the recent trades. From there, the only hole left could very well be a true CF which could be acquired through FA as well (Bourn, Cabrera, etc). My point is, we're not in the position to be holding players out of emotions. Yes, I love JJ and I appreciate all that he's done for the ball club, but if it's one thing that i'll always remember him for, besides the Ace he once was, will be for providing us with the best peices possible that our ballclub really needs in order to become a contender, and hopefully a bring a our third World Series Title. At least with the Rangers, JJ would have a much better shot at winning a Championship than he would here and probably going into next year as well. He rightfully deserves the best chance to win a ring, and I would cheer him on like no other if he were to be pitching soon in Arlington and in the playoffs for the first time in his career. If we keep him, I would be ecstatic, if we lose him, it would be for a good cause, and no matter what happens from there on out, I will always remember Josh Johnson, the Ace of the Florida/Miami Marlins.

In a perfect world, I think it would be awesome if we can package a deal around JJ and others to the Rangers for Profar, Olt, and Perez. Profar should be athletic and skilled enough to be able to work on being our new 2B of the future, Olt would be our third baseman, and Perez would easily slide into our rotation. I've come to terms with letting JJ go. He's been a very servicable player in our team for the longest and I'll always keep him in a special place within me. But baseball decisions cannot be done with emotions, so it'd be best to try to get the greatest offer for JJ and let him go. At the cost of letting our beloved player, and co-face of the franchise go, the future of the team drastically increase and we would easily becoming a contender if not 2013, but definitely in 2014. We'd have enough young, and high profile prospects in our rotation (with Turner, Eovali, and Perez) along with a proven Buerhle and a FA Aquisition to go with using the money saved from the recent trades. From there, the only hole left could very well be a true CF which could be acquired through FA as well (Bourn, Cabrera, etc). My point is, we're not in the position to be holding players out of emotions. Yes, I love JJ and I appreciate all that he's done for the ball club, but if it's one thing that i'll always remember him for, besides the Ace he once was, will be for providing us with the best peices possible that our ballclub really needs in order to become a contender, and hopefully a bring a our third World Series Title. At least with the Rangers, JJ would have a much better shot at winning a Championship than he would here and probably going into next year as well. He rightfully deserves the best chance to win a ring, and I would cheer him on like no other if he were to be pitching soon in Arlington and in the playoffs for the first time in his career. If we keep him, I would be ecstatic, if we lose him, it would be for a good cause, and no matter what happens from there on out, I will always remember Josh Johnson, the Ace of the Florida/Miami Marlins.

Holy crap why don't you post more often, very nice, well thought out post.

In a perfect world, I think it would be awesome if we can package a deal around JJ and others to the Rangers for Profar, Olt, and Perez. Profar should be athletic and skilled enough to be able to work on being our new 2B of the future, Olt would be our third baseman, and Perez would easily slide into our rotation. I've come to terms with letting JJ go. He's been a very servicable player in our team for the longest and I'll always keep him in a special place within me. But baseball decisions cannot be done with emotions, so it'd be best to try to get the greatest offer for JJ and let him go. At the cost of letting our beloved player, and co-face of the franchise go, the future of the team drastically increase and we would easily becoming a contender if not 2013, but definitely in 2014. We'd have enough young, and high profile prospects in our rotation (with Turner, Eovali, and Perez) along with a proven Buerhle and a FA Aquisition to go with using the money saved from the recent trades. From there, the only hole left could very well be a true CF which could be acquired through FA as well (Bourn, Cabrera, etc). My point is, we're not in the position to be holding players out of emotions. Yes, I love JJ and I appreciate all that he's done for the ball club, but if it's one thing that i'll always remember him for, besides the Ace he once was, will be for providing us with the best peices possible that our ballclub really needs in order to become a contender, and hopefully a bring a our third World Series Title. At least with the Rangers, JJ would have a much better shot at winning a Championship than he would here and probably going into next year as well. He rightfully deserves the best chance to win a ring, and I would cheer him on like no other if he were to be pitching soon in Arlington and in the playoffs for the first time in his career. If we keep him, I would be ecstatic, if we lose him, it would be for a good cause, and no matter what happens from there on out, I will always remember Josh Johnson, the Ace of the Florida/Miami Marlins.

Holy crap why don't you post more often, very nice, well thought out post.

Haha thanks. It's just that recent issues motivated me to start posting.

Can't get Profar? Start ignoring Texas' calls then. Pretty simple.

I guess. We don't necessarily have to trade JJ since he's under control through 2013, which is one aspect that could definitely make the Rangers bite. If we were to keep him, then we better pull something out of our asses and sign David Wright or another long season could be ahead of us.

so this point seems like it's either deal JJ or scramble like hell to find a 3B...

good lord I can't believe how empty our system is of 2b/3b prospects.

we don't need a 2b. we have bonifacio. also there are a few 3b in free agency. i have a feeling we will make a big run at david wright. he would be the perfect compliment to our lineup right now.

Reyes

Bonifacio

Wright

Stanton

Lomo

CF free agent

Brantley

LF prospect most likely