JJ Rumors

I'd happily take Profar and Olt, but there's no way TEX would do that. Just hold JJ at least until the trade deadline so we can get the best offer possible as teams get desperate.

With all this disappointment, I don't think I am emotionally stable enough to see JJ going down with an injury again, so I say we move him.

Ryan Dempster Rumors: Wednesday

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 25 at 10:53am CST]

Ryan Dempster is scheduled to start against the Pirates today, but trade talk continues to surround the 35-year-old right-hander. The Braves and Cubs agreed to a trade that would have sent Dempster to Atlanta for Randall Delgado, but Dempster exercised his ten and five rights and prevented the trade from going through. He prefers the Dodgers, who resumed trade talks with the Cubs yesterday. Here’s the latest on Dempster, with the most recent notes up top:

• The possibility of a trade exists, but the Cubs are frustrated by their lack of leverage, Morosi tweets.
  • The Cubs now plan to keep Dempster and make him a qualifying offer after the season, ESPN.com's Buster Olney tweets. Doing so would allow the Cubs to collect a compensatory draft pick in 2013.
  • The Dodgers have Zack Greinke and Josh Johnson on their list in case they don't trade for Greinke, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets.

What else could we get from the dodgers? Lee?

Getting rid of JJ is unbelievably dumb at this point, I would go off.

Yea.. Wouldn't like it at all I don't think. Like to have JJ back with Buehrle next year as our #1 and #2. Build some around Stanton and Reyes and we'd still have a decent core possibly.