Cliff Lee?

Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

Cliff Lee is contractually allowed to pick 9 teams can be traded to. I heard #Yankees r on list, though they r not pursuing (cont) #Phillies

Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

Lee's list is mainly big-market teams plus, interestingly, #Marlins and #Braves. #Phillies

Nolasco, Bell, and Buck for Cliff Lee. Make it happen. That's something decent for them.

and they have to pay all contracts involved or no deal

Nolasco, Bell, and Buck for Cliff Lee. Make it happen. That's something decent for them.

and they have to pay all contracts involved or no deal

And they have to pay the remaining cash on Lee's contract or no deal.

If we're building for the future i don't think we'd offer those valuable pieces.

We aren't building for the distant future, we are building for 2013 so in terms of that a guy like Lee would make some sense.

That said, Lee's contract is a big risk and I doubt Philly trades him before the deadline anyway.

The moves so far and where a couple of our minor leaguers are seems more like 2014 at the earliest. Probably 2015.

Well, I am banking on us signing some pieces this off-season.

Realistically, there aren't that many big pieces available this off-season. Especially at positions of need.

The moves so far and where a couple of our minor leaguers are seems more like 2014 at the earliest. Probably 2015.

Realistically, there aren't that many big pieces available this off-season. Especially at positions of need.

Yes there are. If we sent JJ to Texas for Olt and a piece we would have our 3B for the future. There are plenty of solid pitchers out there to solidify our rotation. Then we would need 1 maybe 2 OF which could either be Leonys Martin and/or melky/Bourn

I keep hearing about bourn and melky. I'm thinking they're more than likely going to be resigned by their current team. Also, melky is having a breakout year that is NOT the norm for him. Yet, he will most likely be paid as if it is the norm for him ala john buck. we'll end up with another hanley paying .300/20 hr money for a guy hitting 250 with 10-12 jacks. As for bourne, no thank you, we seriously need a big time power threat in our lineup other than giancarlo. who that might be remains to be seen. Still think fielder wouldve been perfect in this lineup. And we could've traded gaby off his all star season and gotten a little something for him. Now he's gonna end up on the same boat as coghlan, wasting away in the minors.

I keep hearing about bourn and melky. I'm thinking they're more than likely going to be resigned by their current team. Also, melky is having a breakout year that is NOT the norm for him. Yet, he will most likely be paid as if it is the norm for him ala john buck. we'll end up with another hanley paying .300/20 hr money for a guy hitting 250 with 10-12 jacks. As for bourne, no thank you, we seriously need a big time power threat in our lineup other than giancarlo. who that might be remains to be seen. Still think fielder wouldve been perfect in this lineup. And we could've traded gaby off his all star season and gotten a little something for him. Now he's gonna end up on the same boat as coghlan, wasting away in the minors.

Actually Melky had some decent years with the Yankees and had a great year with the royals in 2011 so that could be two straight great years.

If they are going to save any face and show they want to compete each year they need to do something and do it right. Need to show that it's not more of the same.