Bell taking swipes and may close again

canada-marlin24

He really is the worst. I'm not a big "clubhouse cancer" kind of guy, but he's just got to be terrible. I don't think I've ever witnessed a less accountable player in baseball, or one who is more eager to place the blame for his utter suckness on everyone around him.

He's making the big money to be the closer, might as well try him out there again this season since it's a lost year already to see if he can handle it or not. I personally hope he can regain his old form and be a shut down closer so we can have Cishek put in as the shutdown guy any time in late innings to set up Bell for the save

This is stupid. You don't choose your closer based on how much money they're making. Cishek gives us our best chance to win in the 9th right now. Absolutely no reason to take him out of that role.

Wins are meaningless at this point. Increasing bells value to move him is smarter than closing out the 15 games the marlins are going to win the rest of the season with cishek.

I'm sure Ozzie is more concerned about Bell's trade value than winning games.

@bobbob: That's a true statement. On that note, look at Bell's numbers when not in the ninth. He may not say it publicly, but maybe he's performing better without the added pressure on him right now. He did just about the same thing when taken out of the 9th inning role earlier this season. He's able to locate his pitches better which leads to better results. What exactly do the Marlins gain right now by demoting a currently lights out closer in Cishek for Bell? Even if the Marlins put Bell back at closer, it won't be because their trying to raise his trade value, it's because they think he can close again.

This is stupid. You don't choose your closer based on how much money they're making. Cishek gives us our best chance to win in the 9th right now. Absolutely no reason to take him out of that role.

Wins are meaningless at this point. Increasing bells value to move him is smarter than closing out the 15 games the marlins are going to win the rest of the season with cishek.

I'm sure Ozzie is more concerned about Bell's trade value than winning games.

@bobbob: That's a true statement. On that note, look at Bell's numbers when not in the ninth. He may not say it publicly, but maybe he's performing better without the added pressure on him right now. He did just about the same thing when taken out of the 9th inning role earlier this season. He's able to locate his pitches better which leads to better results. What exactly do the Marlins gain right now by demoting a currently lights out closer in Cishek for Bell? Even if the Marlins put Bell back at closer, it won't be because their trying to raise his trade value, it's because they think he can close again.

Yeah, in that one game he pitched to "earn" the role back.

I don't mind him saying this as long as he PROVES his issues are fixed. It's not that I hate the guy, but when a person that gets the contract he does and blames things on god for "testing him", I just want him to shut up and take responsibility.

If he turns it around, good for him and I think better for us. I want him to succeed here, but if that doesn't happen and fast... GET THE !@#$ OUT!

I'm okay with Bell closing again. For a good reason. As it was said earlier, this season is done.

Hell no you don't choose your closer based upon how much money he makes. However, given that no game means anything for the rest of the season, you should try your best to salvage all the lard and cash you can.

"I found out I need to really listen to myself. I can't listen to anybody. I'm my own best coach, unfortunately. I'm not trying to take anything away from St. Claire. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying my pitching style is unique. And I need to figure it out. And I figured it out. I was looking for help, and I should have been looking for help from myself."

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120808&content_id=36359130&vkey=news_mia&c_id=mia

This guy...

What a dbag... And after all those years of success, I have a really hard time that St.Claire pulled him to the side and was like, listen let's change things up. He got out of shape or let the pressure get to him so guys probably tried to help and now that's he's doing better he's taking all the credit for it. As long as he takes all the heat for being damn awful, I'm fine with it. I liked him alot before he became a Marlin. Disappointing.

Guest Guest

Since I purchased and consumed an entire box of Heath flavored Klondike bars, Heath Bell has not given up a run. There is no way that can be a coincidence.

I've been doing a terrible job at my office lately. My boss has suggested that I put in some extra hours, come in early, maybe do some additional training, but none of it seems to help. He still hasn't told me the correct reason why I'm not performing better. Now I'm not saying he's a bad manager. I'm not saying that. But I'm unique, see. I'm a rare flower. Anyway, I finally got tired of waiting around for him to diagnose why my work is so awful and I figured it out myself. Turns out I was just a big douche.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.