2013 Marlins ST Non-Roster Invites

If I missed any or any get added please feel free to update this list. I did a quick search out of my own boredom and curiosity so here it is...

LHP Zach Phillips

RHP Jordan Smith

3B Chris Valaika

3B Kevin Kouzmanoff

RHP Doug Mathis

SS Audy Ciriaco

SS Chris Gutierrez

RHP John Maine

RHP Johnathan Albaladejo

RHP Amaury Rivas

3B Ed Lucas

IF Derek Dietrich

OF Jordan Brown

C Craig Tatum

RHP Michael Wuertz

OF Austin Kearns

IF Nick Green

RHP Kevin Slowey

RHP Mitch Talbot

IF Matt Downs

Actually, I guess its not confirmed that they all get spring invites so maybe I titled this wrong. But these are the non-roster free agent signings to date.

The official list from the team thru today, I'm sure they'll add a few more players and going to need to bring in some catchers, unless Redmond wants to help the pitchers get their reps

John Maine-RHP

Doug Mathis-LHP

Zach Phillips-LHP

Chad Qualls-RHP

Kevin Slowey-RHP

Mitch Talbot-RHP

Michael Wuertz-RHP

Craig Tatum-C

Andy Ciriaco-IF

Derek Dietrich-IF

Matt Downs-IF

Nick Green-IF

Chris Gutierrez-IF

Austin Kearns-OF

You can add

Johnathan Albaladejo-RHP

Michael Brady-RHP

Adam Conley-LHP

Grant Dayton-LHP

Jose Fernandez-RHP

Brian Flynn-LHP

Andrew Heaney-LHP

Raudel Lazo-LHP

Jordan Smith-RHP

Wilfredo Gimenez-C

Jake Jefferies-C

J.T. Realmuto-C

Danny Black-IF

Ed Lucas-IF

Chris Valakia-IF

Jordan Brown-OF

Jake Marisnick-OF

Christian Yelich-OF

Excited to see Fernandez, Heaney and Yelich get a look this spring!! It also looks like they pulled their invites to Andy Ciriaco and Chris Gutierrez. Anyone surprised not see Skipworth get an invite?

You can add

Johnathan Albaladejo-RHP

Michael Brady-RHP

Adam Conley-LHP

Grant Dayton-LHP

Jose Fernandez-RHP

Brian Flynn-LHP

Andrew Heaney-LHP

Raudel Lazo-LHP

Jordan Smith-RHP

Wilfredo Gimenez-C

Jake Jefferies-C

J.T. Realmuto-C

Danny Black-IF

Ed Lucas-IF

Chris Valakia-IF

Jordan Brown-OF

Jake Marisnick-OF

Christian Yelich-OF

Excited to see Fernandez, Heaney and Yelich get a look this spring!! It also looks like they pulled their invites to Andy Ciriaco and Chris Gutierrez. Anyone surprised not see Skipworth get an invite?

Skipworth is on the 40-man roster, thus doesn't even need an invite. I'd at least frisk him at the door though.

Rule V Silverio should be interesting - I think the general feeling is that he wouldn't be 100% for a while, so DL him to start and go from there (also a convenient way to hide a Rule V guy if he's not on the 25-man). But sounds like he wants to win a roster spot right away, said he feels back to normal. Maybe he's further along than they thought.

Rule V Silverio should be interesting - I think the general feeling is that he wouldn't be 100% for a while, so DL him to start and go from there (also a convenient way to hide a Rule V guy if he's not on the 25-man). But sounds like he wants to win a roster spot right away, said he feels back to normal. Maybe he's further along than they thought.

From what I understand, a rule 5 guy has to be active for 90 days during the season, so the DL only goes so far. They must feel he'll be good to go for at least half the season or they wouldn't have bothered taking him. If he's actually ready from day one, that would be fantastic. We can hope.

I smell some interesting baseball this year.

Well I guess if you're not concerned about winning yet, then interesting sure.

But right on Silverio, - and if he's not 100% then by all means DL him to start, but I imagine he'll get the chance in ST to show if he's ready. Really even if he's a 4th OF type I would love to see him get some at-bats early on.

This season is really only about "ok what have we got here?" Are Brantly & Ruggiano close to what we saw last season? Can some of the young arms impress? Does Morrison have a future here? etc...

Silverio's 2011 AA numbers are pretty nice. So with the possibility of Yelich coming up later in the season it could get crowded in the outfield soon with Marisnick and Ozuna maybe right on his heels. Would love to see what they have in Siverio before that happens.

He's certainly worth more of a look than Gorkys/Petersen/Cogs at this point.

I'm not. Winning would be pure happenstance. A la 2003. I just think it'll be fun to watch all the young guys compete.

Maybe no upside surprises, maybe a lot of them. Probably enough to make this team more fun to watch than last year's disaster.

I'm not. Winning would be pure happenstance. A la 2003. I just think it'll be fun to watch all the young guys compete.

Maybe no upside surprises, maybe a lot of them. Probably enough to make this team more fun to watch than last year's disaster.

This.

Plus, with us already going in with low expectations as far as record, it almost can't get any worse.

This.

Plus, with us already going in with low expectations as far as record, it almost can't get any worse.

Agreed with both of you...

• 2 weeks later...