Hechavarria to 15 day DL; Eovaldi to 60 day DL

If Eovaldi needs shoulder surgery, it could be bad news. Remember that the Marlins were always cryptic about Johnson's shoulder issues.

I haven't seen anything or read anything about surgery. I just think it's the same as Logan. They have mismanaged this 40 man roster so badly that they have to keep doing this in order to not have to waive a players.

If Eovaldi needs shoulder surgery, it could be bad news. Remember that the Marlins were always cryptic about Johnson's shoulder issues.

I haven't seen anything or read anything about surgery. I just think it's the same as Logan. They have mismanaged this 40 man roster so badly that they have to keep doing this in order to not have to waive a players.

LoMo's rehab has been going slowly -- he's way behind schedule -- but his return date has little to do with 40-man management. He was just grossly over-optimistic about being ready for the start of the season.

Eovaldi just picked up a baseball for the first time since the injury and started playing catch two days ago, so there's no way he was going to be ready to pitch by May 1, their original projected return date.

So, no, it's not like LoMo, although having to add an entire month instead of two weeks to Eovaldi's return is a function of 40-man management, but what are you gonna do? He'll get an extra minor league start or two. And, you're right about surgery, there's never been any hint of anything serious that would require surgery.

Hech has "elbow discomfort" from a throw made during batting practice, no structural damage, so he'd be out long enough to need to go on the 15 day DL -- you can't play with no bench -- he should be fine.

Alvarez threw 35 pitches in the bullpen two days ago. He'll throw again on Saturday, will pitch a simulated game probably two or three days later, then maybe a minor league start or two and then he'll be back, barring any set-back.

The ignorant suppositions and attacks on the "medical staff" on this thread is just the usual knee-jerk stuff. Guys get injured. We have a lot of guys who got injured, but so does everyone else. The medical staff isn't at fault for random injuries and recovery times aren't written in stone.

Medicine, like baseball, isn't an exact science.

I haven't seen anything or read anything about surgery. I just think it's the same as Logan. They have mismanaged this 40 man roster so badly that they have to keep doing this in order to not have to waive a players. LoMo's rehab has been going slowly -- he's way behind schedule -- but his return date has little to do with 40-man management. He was just grossly over-optimistic about being ready for the start of the season.

Eovaldi just picked up a baseball for the first time since the injury and started playing catch two days ago, so there's no way he was going to be ready to pitch by May 1, their original projected return date.

So, no, it's not like LoMo, although having to add an entire month instead of two weeks to Eovaldi's return is a function of 40-man management, but what are you gonna do? He'll get an extra minor league start or two. And, you're right about surgery, there's never been any hint of anything serious that would require surgery.

Hech has "elbow discomfort" from a throw made during batting practice, no structural damage, so he'd be out long enough to need to go on the 15 day DL -- you can't play with no bench -- he should be fine.

Alvarez threw 35 pitches in the bullpen two days ago. He'll throw again on Saturday, will pitch a simulated game probably two or three days later, then maybe a minor league start or two and then he'll be back, barring any set-back.

The ignorant suppositions and attacks on the "medical staff" on this thread is just the usual knee-jerk stuff. Guys get injured. We have a lot of guys who got injured, but so does everyone else. The medical staff isn't at fault for random injuries and recovery times aren't written in stone.

Medicine, like baseball, isn't an exact science.

I'm with David, some of you are making mountains out of molehills.