AFL thread - Marlins updates

Hotcorner

AFL play begins today so feel free to post updates & thoughts on the Marlins players here. If you haven't seen it elsewhere, they have the following players on the Glendale Desert Dogs roster:

SS Danny Black

3B Colin Moran

LF Brent Keys

LHP Andrew Heaney

LHP Edgar Olmos

RHP Colby Suggs

RHP Nick Wittgren

Danny Black and Olmos are not high level prospects, but everyone else in this list should be worth watching. A good performance by Moran could see him start in AA Jax next season, with Suggs not far behind. Love that they're sending Wittgren also.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_10_08_msswin_gddwin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119

CoMo batting third... impressive considering opposing team has Kris Bryant batting 7th...

That nickname is awful.

I actually thought about using it before, but I realized that LoMo is the only one it really works with, considering how close CoMo sounds to "cono" ...

Yeah.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_10_08_msswin_gddwin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119

CoMo batting third... impressive considering opposing team has Kris Bryant batting 7th...

That nickname is awful.

I actually thought about using it before, but I realized that LoMo is the only one it really works with, considering how close CoMo sounds to "cono" ...

Yeah.

Also, in Miami, "como" is a different word :)

That nickname is awful.

Yeah.

Also, in Miami, "como" is a different word :)

I'm too white to know this, though.

Heaney has lived up to all his college accolades at this point. He is looking very dominate for an expected middle of the rotation guy. Slider and changeup are a terrific combo. 6k's in 3 innings is just fantastic for the AFL. With his calm delivery and seemingly not overthrowing we can hope that he will be healthy for a long time.