Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AFL thread - Marlins updates

Featured Replies

AFL play begins today so feel free to post updates & thoughts on the Marlins players here. If you haven't seen it elsewhere, they have the following players on the Glendale Desert Dogs roster:

 

SS Danny Black

3B Colin Moran

LF Brent Keys

 

LHP Andrew Heaney

LHP Edgar Olmos

RHP Colby Suggs

RHP Nick Wittgren

 

Danny Black and Olmos are not high level prospects, but everyone else in this list should be worth watching. A good performance by Moran could see him start in AA Jax next season, with Suggs not far behind. Love that they're sending Wittgren also.

Looks like Black is a replacement for Dietrich who missed the end of the season at Jax, hopefully his injury isn't serious.

As for Olmos, he could give the Marlins a lefty arm out of the pen in the future and was called earlier this season to Miami.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_10_08_msswin_gddwin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119

 

 

CoMo batting third... impressive considering opposing team has Kris Bryant batting 7th...

 

 

That nickname is awful.

 

 

 

I actually thought about using it before, but I realized that LoMo is the only one it really works with, considering how close CoMo sounds to "cono" ...

Yeah.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_10_08_msswin_gddwin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119

 

 

CoMo batting third... impressive considering opposing team has Kris Bryant batting 7th...

 

 

That nickname is awful.

 

 

 

I actually thought about using it before, but I realized that LoMo is the only one it really works with, considering how close CoMo sounds to "cono" ...

Yeah.

 

 

 

Also, in Miami, "como" is a different word :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_10_08_msswin_gddwin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119

 

 

CoMo batting third... impressive considering opposing team has Kris Bryant batting 7th...

 

 

That nickname is awful.

 

 

 

I actually thought about using it before, but I realized that LoMo is the only one it really works with, considering how close CoMo sounds to "cono" ...

Yeah.

 

 

 

Also, in Miami, "como" is a different word :)

 

 

 

I'm too white to know this, though.

He calls himself C-Mo on twitter...

 

But I like CoMo better than C-Mo. Reminds me of Cee Lo... Ew.

 

Plus I like having a LoMo and a CoMo. Why the hell not, right? RIGHT!?!?!?

Heaney has lived up to all his college accolades at this point. He is looking very dominate for an expected middle of the rotation guy. Slider and changeup are a terrific combo. 6k's in 3 innings is just fantastic for the AFL. With his calm delivery and seemingly not overthrowing we can hope that he will be healthy for a long time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.