25 Man Roster

Wild Card

Based on what I'm seeing, this is going to be a BAD infield this year. Hopefully the outfield hitting can make up for that.

fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team....

at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams:

C - 29th

1B - 30th

2b - 27th

SS - 30th

3b - 30th

fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team....

at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams:

C - 29th

1B - 30th

2b - 27th

SS - 30th

3b - 30th

Yeah, I think people aren't realizing how below average Salty really is.

Remember when every member of our infield had 25 homeruns? Sigh...

Salty is still good for 1.5-2.5 WAR though. It must be Mathis's expected negative WAR that is bringing them so low at the C position.

He shouldn't be too bad in a strict backup role. He got way too many at bats last year, which was the problem. Backup catchers tend to be glove first, bat second. Mathis just happens to be glove first bat never.

Salty is still good for 1.5-2.5 WAR though. It must be Mathis's expected negative WAR that is bringing them so low at the C position.

Yeah, combination of Mathis and then having Salty come back to earth a bit.

Salty's fine really, the article even admits he's worth that contract. He's just gotta follow-up that 2013 with something better than 2012.

Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing.

I wouldn't. Gregorius is better than Hechavarria, but not by a considerable amount. The bat has very little upside.

I'd much rather ride out Turner this season. He's young and has some upside. He's worth keeping more than acquiring Hechavarria 2.0.

We'll see, I just can't see every single infielder being a failure.

Why can't you see that players with recent history and a valid sample size of being largely unproductive as starters will be, unproductive. If it's iust fan optimism, say that, if not give me a reason because I don't see it.