March 19, 201412 yr Based on what I'm seeing, this is going to be a BAD infield this year. Hopefully the outfield hitting can make up for that. fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team.... at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams: C - 29th 1B - 30th 2b - 27th SS - 30th 3b - 30th
March 19, 201412 yr fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team.... at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams: C - 29th 1B - 30th 2b - 27th SS - 30th 3b - 30th Yeah, I think people aren't realizing how below average Salty really is. Remember when every member of our infield had 25 homeruns? Sigh...
March 19, 201412 yr Yeah, I think people aren't realizing how below average Salty really is. Remember when every member of our infield had 25 homeruns? Sigh... Salty is still good for 1.5-2.5 WAR though. It must be Mathis's expected negative WAR that is bringing them so low at the C position.
March 19, 201412 yr Salty is still good for 1.5-2.5 WAR though. It must be Mathis's expected negative WAR that is bringing them so low at the C position. He shouldn't be too bad in a strict backup role. He got way too many at bats last year, which was the problem. Backup catchers tend to be glove first, bat second. Mathis just happens to be glove first bat never.
March 19, 201412 yr Salty is still good for 1.5-2.5 WAR though. It must be Mathis's expected negative WAR that is bringing them so low at the C position. Yeah, combination of Mathis and then having Salty come back to earth a bit. Salty's fine really, the article even admits he's worth that contract. He's just gotta follow-up that 2013 with something better than 2012.
March 19, 201412 yr Author Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing. Was that your tweet to JC?
March 19, 201412 yr fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team.... at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams: C - 29th 1B - 30th 2b - 27th SS - 30th 3b - 30th Dear God in Heaven I might cry.
March 19, 201412 yr Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing. Maybe the Phillies will give us Jimmy Rollins for free. Despite how old and bad he is he'll still outproduce Adeiny over the next 2 years.
March 19, 201412 yr Maybe the Phillies will give us Jimmy Rollins for free. Despite how old and bad he is he'll still outproduce Adeiny over the next 2 years. I think a guy standing at the plate without a bat might outproduce him.
March 19, 201412 yr Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing. I wouldn't. Gregorius is better than Hechavarria, but not by a considerable amount. The bat has very little upside. I'd much rather ride out Turner this season. He's young and has some upside. He's worth keeping more than acquiring Hechavarria 2.0.
March 20, 201412 yr fangraphs is going power rankings by position and listing all the depth chart / projected WAR by team.... at the infield positions, here's how our beloved Marlins project among the 30 teams: C - 29th 1B - 30th 2b - 27th SS - 30th 3b - 30th How many major league teams are there??? :mischief2
March 20, 201412 yr Author Dear God in Heaven I might cry. No way they're that bad. Maybe one or two guys, but not the whole infield.
March 20, 201412 yr No way they're that bad. Maybe one or two guys, but not the whole infield. I really think they are!...With the kind of pitching this team has and as bad as they were, it is obvious where it's problem lie, and they run very deep
March 20, 201412 yr No way they're that bad. Maybe one or two guys, but not the whole infield. Wild, They are all atrocious, beyond a reasonable doubt, no fair projections can have any of them being too beyond last.
March 20, 201412 yr We'll see, I just can't see every single infielder being a failure. Why can't you see that players with recent history and a valid sample size of being largely unproductive as starters will be, unproductive. If it's iust fan optimism, say that, if not give me a reason because I don't see it.
March 20, 201412 yr We'll see, I just can't see every single infielder being a failure. How can you not see it especially if they plan on starting Jones at 1b on a daily basis?
March 20, 201412 yr http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/florida_marlins/ Maybe we can fleece the Tigers for once
March 20, 201412 yr http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/florida_marlins/ Maybe we can fleece the Tigers for once Seeing as how Hech was worth negative WAR last year, I can't imagine we get anything of value for him. Oh wait...addition by subtraction!
March 20, 201412 yr Seeing as how Hech was worth negative WAR last year, I can't imagine we get anything of value for him. Oh wait...addition by subtraction! I don't get it...they're talking about maybe dealing Turner.
March 20, 201412 yr Author I don't get it...they're talking about maybe dealing Turner. There was a link about the Tigers being interested in dealing for Hechavarria in the absence of Iglasias.
March 21, 201412 yr There was a link about the Tigers being interested in dealing for Hechavarria in the absence of Iglasias. Yes Please I like some of their Bobbleheads , trade him for a Miggy Bobblehead and a Bobblehead to be named later
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.