Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

25 Man Roster

Featured Replies

  • Author

Perhaps that's why he's not hit a homer, as well. But hey, if he makes contact and can get on base at a nice rate, good enough for me. He's got good speed, so perhaps potential lead-off hitter.

 

If that does happen, could put Yelich in the three hole and bat Stanton fourth. Just not sure who we'd put second, guess it depends on lefty/righty.

 

Homers or not, he's still hitting doubles and triples. That's fine, too.

Perhaps that's why he's not hit a homer, as well. But hey, if he makes contact and can get on base at a nice rate, good enough for me. He's got good speed, so perhaps potential lead-off hitter.

 

If that does happen, could put Yelich in the three hole and bat Stanton fourth. Just not sure who we'd put second, guess it depends on lefty/righty.

 

 

He's also got 4 SBs this Spring with getting caught just once. Because I haven't watched the games and have no idea who all that was against, it may not be saying much. ML talent or minor leaguers? Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

He's also got 4 SBs this Spring with getting caught just once. Because I haven't watched the games and have no idea who all that was against, it may not be saying much. ML talent or minor leaguers? Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

 

I can't believe that you're not watching the games.

I get the feeling they're going to start with Marisnick. The Marlins are the type of organization that see those ST numbers and see it as a clear sign that he's ready.

  • Author

I get the feeling they're going to start with Marisnick. The Marlins are the type of organization that see those ST numbers and see it as a clear sign that he's ready.

 

Well, this is also different from the Yelich instance last year where he played like he was ready. He never had an AB over Single-A, so even though they felt that way, they did the right thing and sent him down. Marisnick, though, had almost a full year at Jax and performed great. His stint in the majors was so insignificant, and his BABIP shows he was pretty unlucky. He may not be 100% ready, but he's clearly the best guy for the job.

Well, this is also different from the Yelich instance last year where he played like he was ready. He never had an AB over Single-A, so even though they felt that way, they did the right thing and sent him down. Marisnick, though, had almost a full year at Jax and performed great. His stint in the majors was so insignificant, and his BABIP shows he was pretty unlucky. He may not be 100% ready, but he's clearly the best guy for the job.

 

It's not worth rushing a prospect whose main issue isn't experience, but rather a weird ass swing. If he did shorten his swing then he should be in the minors working on it. He performed well in AA, but it wasn't great. I generally expect players to play better in AA than they do in the majors, so an .840 OPS isn't really great. It's a step in the right direction, but he needs to go to AAA and, if he wrecks it there, call him up midseason.

  • Author

It's not worth rushing a prospect whose main issue isn't experience, but rather a weird ass swing. If he did shorten his swing then he should be in the minors working on it. He performed well in AA, but it wasn't great. I generally expect players to play better in AA than they do in the majors, so an .840 OPS isn't really great. It's a step in the right direction, but he needs to go to AAA and, if he wrecks it there, call him up midseason.

I don't really disagree. Again, I'm most interested in having Marisnick in the majors for selfish reasons; he should be the most fun to watch of all the options we have right now. On top of that, he's earned the opportunity. But I can't disagree with sending him to NO.

  • Author

Now that the season is almost here, anybody else still pissed LoMo is gone and Jones is here? I am...

Not when lomo would get injured at some point in the year.

You are aware LoMo is outperforming Garrett Jones this spring?

Yes but Jones has had ABs vs lefties this spring which lowers his stats. Hopefully the fish realize early on that a platoon is the way to go and then Jones' value will be higher.

  • Author

Not when lomo would get injured at some point in the year.

You realize LoMo had one injury that was recurring because the organization rushed him back prematurely? Other than that he's never been injured in his entire life, literally. The idea that he's injury prone is a fallacy.

 

And Admin, I'd rather have 26 year old And healthy LoMo batting against all pitchers than 31 year old Jones who is only useful against righties. Moving LoMo was really the only move I hated this off season, and I really hope he kills it in Seattle.

I like LoMo too but I think he rushed himself back, not the team, and if the team did any rushing it was LoMo who needed to speak up about still being hurt. If I remember correctly when he went down in 2012 LoMo said he was hurting all year but said nothing. I do agree with u Wild Card that LoMo was dealing with one huge injury and isn't exactly injury prone though.

 

As for Jones, I do know his faults but I do "sorta kinda" see Hill and Jennings logic of a healthy Jones bringing more power to a power starved team over a hobbled and inconsistent LoMo who may have already passed his most productive days.

 

I think theirs just less question marks with Jones as there are with LoMo.

The problem with that is LoMo is still extremely young, whereas Jones has been around for some time and should have far less playing time remaining. It's also definitely not an upgrade. When LoMo was healthy he was better than what Jones has been averaging lately.

Agreed, I think the ownership was pretty harsh on him since they didn't like him using social media so publicly. Then he got hurt and it was easy for them to get rid of him.

  • Author

They both suck.

 

I think we can firmly say that about Jones. We'll know who LoMo is after this year, if he stays healthy.

We can firmly say it about Morrison, as well. He's the younger version of Garrett Jones in a good year.

  • Author

We can firmly say it about Morrison, as well. He's the younger version of Garrett Jones in a good year.

 

I mean, Jones hasn't seen the DL in 5 years. We know who a healthy Jones is. You can't really say the same for LoMo, and to say you can is just not correct.

  • Author

2011. Shut the f*** up.

 

Yea, one season 3 years ago with virtually no experience at the major league level in his age 23 season. Saying we know what a healthy LoMo can or can't do right now is just wrong. The Marlins certainly had no idea. The Mariners don't either. This is a big put up or shut up year for him.

That was evidence of what a healthy Morrison can do. Don't throw it by the wayside because it disproves your post. You're allowed to be wrong, you know.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.