Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

25 Man Roster

Featured Replies

I could see Reed Johnson making the team. Honestly, for 1 million more they could have kept Ruggiano. That trade still makes no sense to me.

 

I also liked what I saw from Caminero last year. Think he could be a nice addition.

Caminero is Marmol lite. Needs to be more controlled first. Could put up strong numbers.

  • Author

And My prediction is...

 

- Lefty Flynn and Hand will get a chance (Better pitcher will go to rotation, another one will take a long reliever role.)

- 25th player will be Donovan Solano. (DD will prepare for 3rd base job at AAA.)

 

Flynn AND Hand won't both make it. One could take a rotation spot, but we already have two lefties in the pen with Jennings and Dunn, no need for a third to take up space. Bullpen is basically set.

  • Author

I dont get why people are so down on Conley. He has done a very solid job in AA and I think he is a sleeper.

 

I'm not down on him, he's just like the #5 lefty prospect in our system alone... That just speaks to our depth, but he's got some guys ahead of him for sure.

I could see Reed Johnson making the team. Honestly, for 1 million more they could have kept Ruggiano. That trade still makes no sense to me.

 

I also liked what I saw from Caminero last year. Think he could be a nice addition.

I would rather have Reed Johnson than Bogusevic if Reed is anywhere close to what he used to be.

Johnson is a fun player to watch. I think he'll make the 25 man

 

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

  • 1 month later...

No love for Garret Jones

 

Garrett Jones went 0-for-3 against the Yankees on Sunday and is in a 2-for-31 slump.

 

Advice: We think Jones is done as a useful major leaguer, but that didn't stop the Marlins from giving him a two-year, $7.5 million contract and a guaranteed starting job over the winter. He'll likely be the team's cleanup hitter against right-handers, at least for a month or two.

 

(Rotoworld.com)

Can Turner be traded?

 

CAN he? Yes, of course. But the Marlins would be selling very very low on him (which hasn't stopped them before, however)

 

A lot of teams need pitching after the recent "elbow death day," so the fish could probably entertain some offers. Nothing of value would come back for Turner alone though.

Anyone else think maybe, just maybe, they are realizing Hech is terrible and are considering him starting the year at AAA? I notice Solano has been starting at SS a lot.

Anyone else think maybe, just maybe, they are realizing Hech is terrible and are considering him starting the year at AAA? I notice Solano has been starting at SS a lot.

 

There's nothing more for Adeiny to learn in AAA. I wouldn't see the point. Also, Solano's defensive liability at SS would pretty much even out his slight offensive advantage over Adeiny. IE they're both really bad

Anyone else think maybe, just maybe, they are realizing Hech is terrible and are considering him starting the year at AAA? I notice Solano has been starting at SS a lot.

 

Doubt it because this organization hates to admit their mistakes... I don't think they'll give up on Adeiny so soon. If he is still so bad in a year then maybe but not yet.

There's nothing more for Adeiny to learn in AAA. I wouldn't see the point. Also, Solano's defensive liability at SS would pretty much even out his slight offensive advantage over Adeiny. IE they're both really bad

Both are awful defensively. Wouldn't Solano's offensive advantage (lol) therefore be an upgrade?

Both are awful defensively. Wouldn't Solano's offensive advantage (lol) therefore be an upgrade?

 

Hechavarria at SS: Bad defense + atrocious offense.

 

Solano at SS: Bad defense + really really bad offense.

 

Really really bad > Atrocious.

  • Author

Anyone else think maybe, just maybe, they are realizing Hech is terrible and are considering him starting the year at AAA? I notice Solano has been starting at SS a lot.

I think they're just getting a look at him at SS while Lucas is out because whichever of those two makes the team will be the primary backup at SS.

Hechavarria at SS: Bad defense + atrocious offense.

 

Solano at SS: Bad defense + really really bad offense.

 

Really really bad > Atrocious.

 

It's like being served two plates of chicken s***, one sprinkled with a little bit of parmesan cheese, then being forced to choose which one to eat.

Based on what I'm seeing, this is going to be a BAD infield this year. Hopefully the outfield hitting can make up for that.

  • Author

Based on what I'm seeing, this is going to be a BAD infield this year. Hopefully the outfield hitting can make up for that.

The only guy I'm really worried about is Jones. He's in a bad slump, and since I don't know much about him prior to this year, I don't know what to think. McGehee has hit for the most part, but just recently hit a bump in the road. At least if he can't hit we can move Dietrih to third and have Furcal at second, but Jones scares me because the next best thing is... Ty Wiggington? Unless Canha can rake or unless they're comfortable with Jensen.

I actually like solano.

Both are awful defensively. Wouldn't Solano's offensive advantage (lol) therefore be an upgrade?

 

Hechavarria is not awful defensively.

As Song said, terrible time to deal Turner. Worth more to us than we would get back.

 

Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing.

Since we're on the topic of Turner and shortstops, I would trade Turner to the D-Backs for Didi Gregorius if they'd be willing to do such a thing.

 

Oh god, are you kidding? I would do that in a heartbeat. Hech is Our Guy though, so that won't happen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.