McGehee Signs One Year Deal

Jokersgoon

another over the hill, does nothing for the future player. What is going on ? When these guys lose 100 what excuse will Loria come up with then ?

I think it's a pretty good move. They need someone to man 3B and there really isn't anyone worth trading or signing right now since they don't seem to like Chavez. This is a much better move than trading out of desperation.

It also shows that they might recognize that players like Dietrich might need more time in the minors after all.

I am fine with this stop gap. Was getting worried we would trade a pitching piece for a one year player until Moran is ready.

This. I was worried we'd give up too much for a year that isn't likely to be a contending year. So say what you will about Jones, Furcal, and McGehee, they don't really hinder us in future years. Keeping our minor league depth could prove to be incredible in another year or two.

There's not even high reward. McGehee is a below average player who will perform like he has his entire career sans one season.

This is a sh*t, we ran out of options, lets go grab that guy out of Japan and make him our starting 3B signing.

Not upset, as at this point a 1 year deal doesn't mean crap when the team will suck next year, but it's whatever. I'd rather have Eric Chavez, but I think he wants to go back to Arizona anyway.

And everybody mentions Moran. I think Moran is further away from the majors than many people are expecting. He's not nearly as polished as other guys (like Kris Bryant) are coming out of college, and he'll need all of 2014 and likely at least part of 2015 to work out the kinks in the minors.

Absolutely no need to rush a guy like Moran with the product the Marlins are currently putting out on the field.

Stop with the Dietrich worship Wild Card. If the Marlins thought he was the answer at 3B, they would not have signed McGehee. McGehee has had two good years in the majors and two bad ones. Still, the price was right to sign McGehee instead of trading from the pitching depth the Marlins have.

Maybe they decided they like Dietrich at 2B and they'd like to see him develop in New Orleans one more year?