Chad James Released

FutureGM

He was a top-100 prospect a few years ago (peaked at 78, I think) He's still only 23, I'm sure he'll get another chance to toil in the Minor Leagues with another organization.

James was the 18th pick in the draft. There was a pretty good player named Mike Trout taken 25th.

No one's ever heard of that guy! On the plus side the Marlins still have the #9 guy taken in Turner.

This is without a doubt the worst draft in Marlins history, A. J. Ramos is the only thing to show for it and possibly Jensen

Look up how bad it is http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.cgi?team_ID=FLA&year_ID=2009&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_year

No one's ever heard of that guy! On the plus side the Marlins still have the #9 guy taken in Turner.

This is without a doubt the worst draft in Marlins history, A. J. Ramos is the only thing to show for it and possibly Jensen

Look up how bad it is http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.cgi?team_ID=FLA&year_ID=2009&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_year

90% of our drafts in the 2000's were pretty terrible.

Besides the Fernandez Draft they all have been bad for awhile, It seems the finds were becoming fewer and far between as it refers to the Marlins drafting...In the first round their record has been even worse

These are our first round picks since the Loria Era began

Jeffery Allison...Fail

Taylor Tankersley...Flamed out quickly

Chris Volstad...very brief ML career

Aaron Thompson...Failed

Jacob Marceaux...Failed

Ryan Tucker...Failed

Sean West...Failed

Brett Sinkbeil...Failed

Chris Coghlan...ROY then Injuries have diminished career (Released)

Matt Dominguez...current ML starter (Traded)

Kyle Skipworth...Failed (On ST roster but he has no chance of making Team)

Chad James...Failed

Christian Yelich

Jose Fernandez

Andrew Heaney

Colin Moran

Matt Krook Unsigned

Besides the Fernandez Draft they all have been bad for awhile, It seems the finds were becoming fewer and far between as it refers to the Marlins drafting...In the first round their record has been even worse

These are our first round picks since the Loria Era began

Jeffery Allison...Fail

Taylor Tankersley...Flamed out quickly

Chris Volstad...very brief ML career

Aaron Thompson...Failed

Jacob Marceaux...Failed

Ryan Tucker...Failed

Sean West...Failed

Brett Sinkbeil...Failed

Chris Coghlan...ROY then Injuries have diminished career (Released)

Matt Dominguez...current ML starter (Traded)

Kyle Skipworth...Failed (On ST roster but he has no chance of making Team)

Chad James...Failed

Christian Yelich

Jose Fernandez

Andrew Heaney

Colin Moran

Matt Krook Unsigned

That 2005 draft was a massive failure, since we had like 5 1st round picks that year due to all of the comp picks, and nobody succeeded.

Did anyone stop to think that these youngsters drafted had talent at one time, a lot of talent, and maybe it's the coaching staff behind them that can't seem to develop it? Yes Fernandez was a great pick and Yelich too, but other than that all i hear is people blaming these youngsters for not making it when it seems to me like the Marlins should take a little responsibility here since there have been so many fails. I'll bet if James gets another chance with a team who can work with him, he'll make it. Did anyone ever see him pitch in High School?

Born and raised in Jupiter Florida where it's hard to be a Marlins fan because of the many bad decisions they have made. He used to come into my work a lot, I've seen some of his stuff from high school on the web. Over the years I've met a lot of the players and NONE of them ever have anything good to say about the organization they play for. I came across this thread when I was trying to see where he was placed after spring training and it kills me when I constantly hear people badger these young guys for not being up to par and labeling them as "bad decisions." I'm just saying that with all the flops maybe it has something to do with coaching rather than the talent of these young athletes.

Born and raised in Jupiter Florida where it's hard to be a Marlins fan because of the many bad decisions they have made. He used to come into my work a lot, I've seen some of his stuff from high school on the web. Over the years I've met a lot of the players and NONE of them ever have anything good to say about the organization they play for. I came across this thread when I was trying to see where he was placed after spring training and it kills me when I constantly hear people badger these young guys for not being up to par and labeling them as "bad decisions." I'm just saying that with all the flops maybe it has something to do with coaching rather than the talent of these young athletes.

I wonder about that myself :(

• 3 months later...

Gotta root for the guy. Great person.

He must've gone on a tear, btw, because when we played them he wasn't doing so well. Right now he's got some pretty respectable numbers, albeit in 150 ab's. But good for him.

Cogs 4 Christ!!!

Ruggiano also having a pretty respectable season in wrigley.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.