Jose placed on DL with right elbow sprain

You definitely can't go with Slowey or Hand. They've both been given the shot and blew it already.

If Adam Conley was pitching better he'd be under consideration, but he's coming off a horrid start. Flynn is the guy who can likely fill the slot best. But in terms of talent, he's not Heaney.

But I agree with you penguino that I'd be more inclined to let Flynn take the bullet until the deadline passes, but damnit if it isn't enticing to see Heaney in the majors (especially since it's apparent he's ready).

Super 2 is coming up within a few weeks. For starting pitching, that should only be 4 or 5 starts. Give those 4 or 5 to Flynn or someone else (NOT Hand, ideally) and then bring Heaney up after the deadline passes. I get that our FO isn't the brightest about these things, so:

When the Pirates call up Polanco, the Marlins should call up Heaney.

Super 2 is coming up within a few weeks. For starting pitching, that should only be 4 or 5 starts. Give those 4 or 5 to Flynn or someone else (NOT Hand, ideally) and then bring Heaney up after the deadline passes. I get that our FO isn't the brightest about these things, so:

I think the Marlins should also offer Heaney the contract the Pirates offered Polanco. :lol

You definitely can't go with Slowey or Hand. They've both been given the shot and blew it already.

If Adam Conley was pitching better he'd be under consideration, but he's coming off a horrid start. Flynn is the guy who can likely fill the slot best. But in terms of talent, he's not Heaney.

But I agree with you penguino that I'd be more inclined to let Flynn take the bullet until the deadline passes, but damnit if it isn't enticing to see Heaney in the majors (especially since it's apparent he's ready).

Actually, I wouldn't mind giving Hand an opportunity for the next month. If he sucks, we can finally DFA him. Brian Flynn stinks about as much as Hand so it's all irrelevant. If it's Heaney, it's a significant loss. If it's not Heaney (which it shouldn't be for financial reasons), it's a monumental loss. Either way, we lose.

If he is placed on the DL, will they call up Heaney?

More likely Elih Villanueva. He's killing it in AAA. And he's a Coral Springs native.

As penguin said, he was sick on the mound last start so that could have explained why he looked off. Maybe he strained something. I doubt he's out a long time.

Villanueva deserves the call up. 31/9 K/BB and a 2.06 ERA. Only problem is he's not on the 40 man.

Dear Disabled List,

I know we don't talk much. OK, we've never talked. But, I have a proposal for you. You seem to want Jose Fernandez. That's fine, everybody wants Jose Fernandez. However, why have Jose Fernandez, when you can have a perennial all-star shortstop in Adeiny Hechavarria? He's currently in the middle of an 8 month slump with the bat, but don't worry, he'll turn it around at some point, don't you worry. Won't you consider it, please?

Thank you for your time.

- BenderRobot

Dear Disabled List,

I know we don't talk much. OK, we've never talked. But, I have a proposal for you. You seem to want Jose Fernandez. That's fine, everybody wants Jose Fernandez. However, why have Jose Fernandez, when you can have a perennial all-star shortstop in Adeiny Hechavarria? He's currently in the middle of an 8 month slump with the bat, but don't worry, he'll turn it around at some point, don't you worry. Won't you consider it, please?

Thank you for your time.

- BenderRobot

The DL only wants "real" perennial all-stars.