Jose placed on DL with right elbow sprain

Pitch FX has his fastball averaging 93mph last game, the lowest of his career. He was okay in the 4th but something clearly happened after that as he couldn't throw it over 92 once that inning ended

What site are you using? I'm not seeing that number.

Even with the service time discussion, I have to wonder if it would be seriously considered to call up Andrew Heaney.

The easy decision would be to call up Brian Flynn, who has experience pitching in the majors already and is pitching decent enough in AAA. I'd be fine with Flynn killing time and hopefully figuring things out.

However, Heaney is major league ready. I don't think there's any real question that if he were thrown into the majors today, he would hold his own (not Jose Fernandez hold his own, but he'd do a solid job). If the Marlins truly believe that they could contend for a wild card spot this season, then it would be imperative to call up Heaney to keep the rotation strong and try and not lose too much ground in the standings until Fernandez is healthy again.. The obvious negative is we lose a full year of service time.

But the team wants to take the best pitcher in the minors and have him fill the slot, Heaney is the guy.

I'm not saying whether to do one or the other, but it's a very interesting question for the team to consider.

Even with the service time discussion, I have to wonder if it would be seriously considered to call up Andrew Heaney.

The easy decision would be to call up Brian Flynn, who has experience pitching in the majors already and is pitching decent enough in AAA. I'd be fine with Flynn killing time and hopefully figuring things out.

However, Heaney is major league ready. I don't think there's any real question that if he were thrown into the majors today, he would hold his own (not Jose Fernandez hold his own, but he'd do a solid job). If the Marlins truly believe that they could contend for a wild card spot this season, then it would be imperative to call up Heaney to keep the rotation strong and try and not lose too much ground in the standings until Fernandez is healthy again.. The obvious negative is we lose a full year of service time.

But the team wants to take the best pitcher in the minors and have him fill the slot, Heaney is the guy.

I'm not saying whether to do one or the other, but it's a very interesting question for the team to consider.

The super-2 deadline is only several weeks away. The smart thing to do if Fernandez is expected to be out for awhile would first try the available options (Slowey, Hand, Flynn), and then consider Heaney once the cut-off date passes.

Bringing up Heaney now is idiotic, but definitely something that this FO is likely to do.

The super-2 deadline is only several months away. The smart thing to do if Fernandez is expected to be out for awhile would first try the available options (Slowey, Hand, Flynn), and then consider Heaney once the cut-off date passes.

Bringing up Heaney now is idiotic, but definitely something that this FO is likely to do.

Isn't the super-2 deadline early June?