Updated 4 year plan

Nny

EM17M3f.png

With all these moves, we went from a ~.500 team to a mid-to-upper 80's win team. Just add another SP and oh God yes.

Still have ~10m left from Dan Haren cash. Pretty tight for payroll room after this season though. But moving BP arms like Steve and Crow save a lot of money.

Also could still really use a LH bench bat so Dietrich can get constant PA in the minors, and a better bench OFer than Wates.

EM17M3f.png

With all these moves, we went from a ~.500 team to a mid-to-upper 80's win team. Just add another SP and oh God yes.

Still have ~10m left from Dan Haren cash. Pretty tight for payroll room after this season though. But moving BP arms like Steve and Crow save a lot of money.

Also could still really use a LH bench bat so Dietrich can get constant PA in the minors, and a better bench OFer than Wates.

Lol poor Dietrich.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on someone like Carlos Peguero. The royals just relased him. He has absolutely raked in the minor leagues, and now he has a couple years under his belt since his last real attempt at the bigs (2011). He probably ends up being terrible, but I feel he's a good chance to take and at the very least is good power depth in the minors especially after losing jensen.

This is in response the need for a lefty bat and an outfielder for the bench. He could potentially fit both needs.

Lets hope its not a repeat of the 2012 4 year plan, spend a lot of money falter, make a bad trade for an aging ball player that doesn't make immediate dividends trade most players after all star break, trade the rest in off season, lose 100 games etc.....

I think most of these moves will pay off, I only hope the fans will come out to support the team for a full season

Good question about the fan support. Coming off a positive2014 season and a strong offseason with expectations as high as ever... Will the fans come from the start or will they kinda sit back and wait for the on field results first?

My guess is that above all else the Stanton extension will be the key thing that brings the fans first, followed by on field results. Cuz trading for Prado isn't a box office type of move as good as it is for the team. The Morse signing and the Gordon trade might be a little more of a draw for the casual fans though.

I bet 2015 attendance beats 2012s.

It's certainly possible, but I don't expect Miami fans to turn up much in the first couple of months. They probably don't register that the team has improved quite a bit and will only turn up once it is clear that the Marlins are a contender.